Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2018 Houston Astros season thread, Repeat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
    #believe

Howd james look? Got junk?
    Interested in this too. Kept up on my phone, but out of town visiting relatives so didn’t see any of it. I know he hit 100+.

Comment

We won...

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        #believe

Howd james look? Got junk?
        Beast. 9 Ks in 5 IP. Topped out at 101. Consistently 97-98. Nasty slider.

Comment

Making his first Major League start in place of Charlie Morton (right shoulder discomfort), right-hander Josh James -- ranked as Houston's No. 6 prospect -- kept the Astros within striking distance, giving up three runs on three hits. In 21 total at-bats over five innings, James dazzled at times with nine strikeouts -- tied for the second most in Astros history by a pitcher making his debut.

[https://mediadownloads]

James' 1st MLB strikeout00:44Sep. 1st, 2018

James' velocity was electric as advertised, with fastballs up to 101 mph. But the 25-year-old struggled with command early, needing 52 pitches to get through two innings, including a three-run second. Jose Fernandezwalked, Taylor Ward singled after getting ahead in the count, and Kole Calhoun blasted a 3-2 fastball to deep right for a two-out home run, giving the Angels an early 3-0 lead.
          "I was a little amped up," said James, who pitched in front of a sold-out crowd of 41,622. "In the second, I kind of let that emotion get the best of me, resulting in a long inning."
          However, James said the homer ultimately helped him relax.
          "It made me feel like, 'Well, they scored, I don't have to be perfect now,' and it allowed me to settle in and just make pitches."
          James settled in after the rocky start to retire six straight over the next two innings, aided by a change in philosophy. While 44 of his initial 52 pitches were fastballs, 14 of the 23 pitches tossed in his two perfect frames were either changeups or sliders.
          "I was just listening to [Brian] McCann," James said. "I don't want to shake off a veteran catcher with 15 years in the big leagues. I was just following his gameplan."
          Once James departed after the fifth, Brad Peacock, Tony Sipp, Joe Smithand Roberto Osuna combined for four innings of scoreless relief. Smith (5-1) got the win, while Bedrosian (5-4) took the loss.

Comment

Let’s get a win today and split the series

Comment

Man these announcers are terrible!!!

Comment

I didn’t realize I was tuning into to the Othani promo hour.[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                  I didn’t realize I was tuning into to the Othani promo hour.[emoji849]

Painful!!! I hope we light his *** up.

Comment

2 run springer dinger!

Comment

Boom!!! “Un-hittable”. Shut up, A Rod!!!

Comment

Boom. He smoked that one. Springer dinger

Comment

Boom!!! “Un-hittable”. Shut up, A Rod!!!

Comment

Can’t stand ESPN games. If the stros were 159-1 they’d still suck off any other team. They try to be so analytical. I like the comedic antics of Blumer, TK and Julia much better. Surprised they haven’t talked about Judge yet

Comment

Comment

Ohtani was the same after he barehanded that come backer.

Comment

Working...
                                X