Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Houston Astros season thread, Repeat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone here think that bringing Marisnick up is a locker room move to help the clubhouse transition with the Osuna deal? I know Jake is a very likeable guy in the clubhouse, lots of guys in the clubhouse aren’t very thrilled about the Osuna deal!

Comment

Originally posted by smithb164 View Post
      Does anyone here think that bringing Marisnick up is a locker room move to help the clubhouse transition with the Osuna deal? I know Jake is a very likeable guy in the clubhouse, lots of guys in the clubhouse aren’t very thrilled about the Osuna deal!
      I kind of had that though lingering as well. Jake brings a lot of enthusiasm to the locker room that is for sure.

Comment

Kind of what I was thinking, but no sense in arguing!
        Who is arguing? Folks just making conversation.

Comment

lots of guys in the clubhouse aren’t very thrilled about the Osuna deal!
          Where are you hearing or reading this?

Comment

Jake with Rake Farm showed up in his first AB today. Gonzo goes yard also. 3-0 Good guys.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
              X2?

Comment

Speaking of X2..marwin with 2nd yard shot

Comment

We need him to step up while everyone else is out. Glad to see him swinging well. Nice to see Jake 2 for 2 also!

Comment

Nice to see the bats!

Comment

There have been several publications about Verlander speaking out about it! Look back at the tweet Verlander posted after the Danny Vasquez incident. He's not the only one though, Altuve respose is "its OK if I dont know what to say". Hinch's comments about an "emotional transition". There has been more than 1 article, but I'm at work and cant dig all those up now!

I hope this doesn't mess up the clubhouse!

Verlander and Lance McCullers tweeted their disgust earlier this year when surveillance video emerged of a former Astros minor leaguer assaulting his girlfriend.
                      Last edited by smithb164; 08-01-2018, 03:29 PM.

Comment

More damage in the 5th including a Stassi homer, 8-2.

Comment

Every player in the lineup has at least one hit today!

Comment

There have been several publications about Verlander speaking out about it! Look back at the tweet Verlander posted after the Danny Vasquez incident. He's not the only one though, Altuve respose is "its OK if I dont know what to say". Hinch's comments about an "emotional transition". There has been more than 1 article, but I'm at work and cant dig all those up now!

I hope this doesn't mess up the clubhouse!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ros/868450002/
                            It seems like the same article being circulated by multiple media outlets. I wouldnt put much stock in anything the national media says about the Astros. I wonder what they were saying when the yanks aquired Aroldis Chapman form the Reds under the same circumstances?

Comment

It seems like the same article being circulated by multiple media outlets. I wouldnt put much stock in anything the national media says about the Astros. I wonder what they were saying when the yanks aquired Aroldis Chapman form the Reds under the same circumstances?
                              I couldn't remember if the Chapman thing happened before he went to the Yankees, or the Cubs.

If right before they cubs, they couldn't care less, they won a World Series as a result!

Comment

Anyways, enough of he Osuna stuff for now.

Good guys are up 8-2 and hitting the ball all around

Comment

Working...
                                X