No announcement yet.

Felons and firearms.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will answer original question. No. The person convicted could not be in the field with a 9 year old who is in possession of a firearm. He could not legally transport it to and from the field. Depending on his conviction he may be able to possess a firearm within his residence.

Comment

Originally posted by tp3 View Post
      roy munson you were alot less of a **** on kingpin.
      😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
        I will answer original question. No. The person convicted could not be in the field with a 9 year old who is in possession of a firearm. He could not legally transport it to and from the field. Depending on his conviction he may be able to possess a firearm within his residence.
        I guess another non-felon (adult) could transport both to and from the field.

Comment

I will make it a little less complex.
          My buddy has a 9 year old nephew that wants to hunt with his .243, but his mother won't let him hunt alone.
          Can my buddy,(who has a felony conviction), sit in a 6x6 blind with his nephew with his .243?

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
            I will make it a little less complex.

My buddy has a 9 year old nephew that wants to hunt with his .243, but his mother won't let him hunt alone.

Can my buddy,(who has a felony conviction), sit in a 6x6 blind with his nephew with his .243?

I've said it a couple times. GM stated that if kid steps out of blind, he cannot be in blind alone with gun or that's possession. I am just not sure of age. 15+ can hunt on own I believe, so being that he is 9 that may be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kdurham View Post
              15+ can hunt on own I believe, so being that he is 9 that may be an issue.

9 years old he can hunt by himself with hunters ed cert.

Sounds like the kid in question isn't ready to do so but legally he could if he has his hunter's ed.

Comment

I've said it a couple times. GM stated that if kid steps out of blind, he cannot be in blind alone with gun or that's possession. I am just not sure of age. 15+ can hunt on own I believe, so being that he is 9 that may be an issue.

So, you don't know.
                Thanks

Comment

So, you don't know.

Thanks

I just don't know legal age to hunt in Texas on your own, but someone just said 9 is ok.
                  I asked GM about a 15 year old and he said it was fine, just the guy couldn't be left in car or blind by himself with gun, if the kid steps out

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                    9 years old he can hunt by himself with hunters ed cert.

Sounds like the kid in question isn't ready to do so but legally he could if he has his hunter's ed.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/education/hun...cation/faq#who
                    Can my buddy ,(who is a felon), be in the blind with a 9 year old and a centerfire rifle?

Comment

I just don't know legal age to hunt in Texas on your own, but someone just said 9 is ok.
                      I asked GM about a 15 year old and he said it was fine, just the guy couldn't be left in car or blind by himself with gun, if the kid steps out

And again... I am not a lawyer.

Comment

When you type GM, do you mean GW,(Game Warden)?

Comment

Can my buddy ,(who is a felon), be in the blind with a 9 year old and a centerfire rifle?
                          No clue. Only commenting on what I do know, how old a kid has to be to be able to legally hunt alone.

Comment

Felons and firearms.

When you type GM, do you mean GW,(Game Warden)?

Yes. Sorry I was meaning Game Warden

Have your buddy call a game warden, but reading this post I would be more worried about cops pulling him over....

Comment

How in the world can a 9 year old hunt their own? Mind blown!

Comment

My Game Warden says "NOPE".

Comment

Working...
                                X