Felons and firearms.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post
    I knew you wouldn’t answer honestly. Everyone one else understood I was addressing original question and my answer was correct. The sensitivity to this issue is ridiculous. Didn’t the guys you were housed with in Beeville tell you you couldn’t show emotion. When did you or you’re loved one get convicted or paroled?

There is no way you are this passionate about felons rights to possess in their own home (when that wasn’t a question that the OP asked) unless you spent some time looking into it. Because it affects you directly. Sorry your dad, aunt, uncle or children made poor decisions.

We will just take you at your word this isn’t personal for you.
    I have had the pleasure of meeting "Ironman"...in fact I purchased a Jeep (I still have it) from him, and I can ASSURE YOU, you wouldn't be running your mouth like this, if you were both standing in a dark parking lot (and I can PROMISE that you wouldn't say this to me in person.)

Comment

Felons and firearms.

Originally posted by LennyWayne View Post
      I have had the pleasure of meeting "Ironman"...in fact I purchased a Jeep (I still have it) from him, and I can ASSURE YOU, you wouldn't be running your mouth like this, if you were both standing in a dark parking lot (and I can PROMISE that you wouldn't say this to me in person.)

Two things make people tough: Tequila ir Keyboards :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kdurham View Post
        Two things make people tough: Tequila ir Keyboards :-)

I think we are both referencing the JACKASS (Munson)....but if I'm included in that statement, I apologize for being offensive.

I rarely get "red-faced" when I read through posts like this, but this dude "Munson" enjoy's pushing buttons. I wonder if he would enjoy it as much, if someone was pushing on his button.

Comment

Originally posted by LennyWayne View Post
          I think we are both referencing the JACKASS (Munson)....but if I'm included in that statement, I apologize for being offensive.

I rarely get "red-faced" when I read through posts like this, but this dude "Munson" enjoy's pushing buttons. I wonder if he would enjoy it as much, if someone was pushing on his button.

That was just a general statement. You're good

Comment

Rocky you said he was a friend- in that case it’s an easy answer. Avoid all conflict and possible turmoil and sit with them

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
              Rocky you said he was a friend- in that case it’s an easy answer. Avoid all conflict and possible turmoil and sit with them

Comment

No is the short answer.

Comment

Because I regularly flush my sister's weed down the toilet, lie to park rangers, and create websites for the Muslim studies group I belong to.

try again...

Overcriminalized? How about over sensationalized by "journalism."

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                    Unfortunately the law was written to prevent life-long thugs from possessing a weapon. It does suck for those that have done their time and turned their life around.

Getting your record expunged or receiving a pardon is the only way I know of to be able to hunt with a firearm after a felony conviction.
                    Try telling that to the LEO when he runs your history. Not being federally regulated has nothing to do with the legality of its possession.

The law forbids its possession by any person who has previously been convicted of any state or federal felony.

There is no way to restore gun rights. Legislation was passed creating an office to get this done, but accompanying legislation to actually fund its creation was never passed.
                    I’m sorry your siblings or loved ones didn’t have a decent upbringing and are felons. I addressed a specific question concerning weather a convicted felon could take a 9 year old hunting with a rifle. I answered that correctly. I am sorry that a loved one of yours has been convicted of a felony. It does not change the fact that convicted felon cannot possess a firearm in the field after conviction. Were you or relative convicted of sex offense involving a minor?

You should totally ignore the ATF agent who filed “numerous cases” and would not want to “test the waters” in same situation.

You are way outside your depth. Please stop. It only gets worse from here. You have no idea what you are talking about. You are advising law abiding people to violate the law. I understand you have felons in your family. But these people don’t.
                    I have a very close friend who is a felon. He has gotten his legal right back to possess a firearm anywhere. He can hunt, be around and possess firearms.

He had what was called a set-aside of his conviction. If I understood him correctly, it clears his record to where he can possess a firearm, receive voting rights back but wouldn't clear a very extensive background check. I believe it is only allowed in certain cases.

Here is a link to a lawyer who handles them. It explains it better.

Comment

Yes he can do that.. as long as he doesn't get caught..

Comment

Originally posted by junkmanhunter View Post
                        I have a very close friend who is a felon. He has gotten his legal right back to possess a firearm anywhere. He can hunt, be around and possess firearms.

He had what was called a set-aside of his conviction. If I understood him correctly, it clears his record to where he can possess a firearm, receive voting rights back but wouldn't clear a very extensive background check. I believe it is only allowed in certain cases.

Here is a link to a lawyer who handles them. It explains it better.
                        Yes, you can have your rights set aside without getting full pardon from the governor

Comment

Originally posted by txtradesman View Post
                          Yes, you can have your rights set aside without getting full pardon from the governor

During trial not after though.

Comment

^

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                              People do stupid stuff when they are young.....long before they think about marriage and kids and life long consequences.
                              Just like you said, some decisions have life long consequences. I agree with felons not being able to own or possess firearms. Play stupid games and you win stupid prizes.

Comment

Originally posted by sog45 View Post
                                Felon cannot possess a firearm for 5 years from release from confinement date. It could be interpreted as such in this circumstance since the child is only 9.
                                Under state law that is correct. However, under federal law its a violation. Federal law only states, “a person who has previously been convicted of a crime punishable by a term of incarceration of more than one year.”

It’s a bad situation being that legally under state law you are good but under federal law you are not.

Comment

Working...
                                X