No announcement yet.

Crows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crows are governed via federal regulations, states can (or won't) set a hunting season. From a little research, limited to 124 days. Looking at my Arkansas Game and Fish calendar, crow season in Arkansas ends 19 February.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
      Sometimes Dale you indeed do have a way with words... and a lot of the time it don't take you very many of 'em to make the point!!

Well said sir!
      That's a real sweet way to say someone is full of ****! And thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
        Crows are governed via federal regulations, states can (or won't) set a hunting season. From a little research, limited to 124 days. Looking at my Arkansas Game and Fish calendar, crow season in Arkansas ends 19 February.
        NYS has a hunting season for Crows. It is the longest season of any huntable critter in the state.
        Season dates and bag limits for ducks, snow geese, and brant for each waterfowl hunting zone in New York.

We shoot'em by the dozens. They are VERY intelligent and I have come to have a new respect for Crows. But I shoot them anyway.
        The first one to come in...The Sentry is the most important one to shoot. Take him and the rest come looking. With the FoxPro we start with crow gathering. Then work the hawk/crow fight...then the wounded or dying crow. Have lots of 12ga shells. Turkey loads work great!
        Look here for some great ideas on Crow hunting.

Comment

They are protected

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
            NYS has a hunting season for Crows. It is the longest season of any huntable critter in the state.
            Season dates and bag limits for ducks, snow geese, and brant for each waterfowl hunting zone in New York.

We shoot'em by the dozens. They are VERY intelligent and I have come to have a new respect for Crows. But I shoot them anyway.
            The first one to come in...The Sentry is the most important one to shoot. Take him and the rest come looking. With the FoxPro we start with crow gathering. Then work the hawk/crow fight...then the wounded or dying crow. Have lots of 12ga shells. Turkey loads work great!
            Look here for some great ideas on Crow hunting.
            http://crowbusters.com/cgi-bin/index.asp
            It especially works good if you happen to have a couple real cripples out flopping around... That's what happened for me this past weekend in my wife's garden... Shot one with a PCP air gun and he hit the ground n started squawking and flopping around the fence line... His buddies kept coming and landing on the fence posts above him... Got every one except one that came in... For as smart as they are, when one is injured and his buddies can't figure out why, they get maaaaadddd and come dive bombing in no matter what... Was a cool hunt and hopefully will slow down the corn picking when we plant... They took out probably 50% of our planting last year while we were gone... replanted with treated corn to deter them... Had the same problem with peas... Smart suckers! They know when you're planting versus just turning over the dirt with the tractor!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              A crow aint no different than a coon, or a democrat....he either just got done screwing something up, or he's fixin to.
              lmao!!

Well **** just talked to my local game warden. CAN NOT harm them So now what, they are also landing in my protein trough and eating my protein. Ill take coons anyday.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
                If OP really has 100 crows coming in, I seriously doubt the GW would care, given the last sentence of that law.
                He said he would care!! lol

Comment

Originally posted by SpearChunkaa View Post
                  They are protected

Not at my house they ain't

Comment

A crow aint no different than a coon, or a democrat....he either just got done screwing something up, or he's fixin to.

Im gonna cook one up for giggles when given the chance to whack one over my orchard.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTIN HARD View Post
                        lmao!!

Well **** just talked to my local game warden. CAN NOT harm them So now what, they are also landing in my protein trough and eating my protein. Ill take coons anyday.
                        Did you explain the situation? Or did you just straight up ask if crows were legal to shoot? Because the law specifically says that you CAN harm them given certain conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post

Im gonna cook one up for giggles when given the chance to whack one over my orchard.

Lots of Patriots fans ate crow Sunday night

Comment

JP, I'd get the whole family set up, with un-plugged shotguns.
                            You give the "shoot" command, and you all unload.
                            Plan it though. You and Gage on the center, Cami to the left, April to the right.
                            I bet y'all could put a big dent in the flock in just one sitting.

I love your one liners, even if you would have tazed me!

Comment

Use an owl decoy it works
                              set it on top of feeder

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTIN HARD View Post
                                lmao!!

Yeah, that's one of those things that's better to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission.

Plant a small food plot by your feeder and whack the crows trying to get at your seeds.

Comment

Working...
                                X