Deleted Diesels...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
    That’s technically incorrect. Federal law says you can not remove or alter emissions equipment on any motor vehicle.

They’re cracking down in emissions counties these days. I talked to the local company that does most of the inspections, and he says if he can tell you’re deleted when you pull up, he will just advise you to go somewhere else.

Keep it modest and he won’t look.
    I just started the delete on my 17 F-350. Added a delete pipe to replace the DPF, but the rest of it is remaining stock, including the tip. It’ll be a bit louder as it’s now a 4” straight, but I’m hoping it’ll be pretty modest.Im well past the loud exhaust days of my youth haha

Comment

I deleted mine and leave it parked on the stock performance setting. I ultimately had to put a muffler on it because it was WAY to loud. it sounded like a jet engine at a modest acceleration. (2012 F-250)

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
        That’s technically incorrect. Federal law says you can not remove or alter emissions equipment on any motor vehicle.

They’re cracking down in emissions counties these days. I talked to the local company that does most of the inspections, and he says if he can tell you’re deleted when you pull up, he will just advise you to go somewhere else.

Keep it modest and he won’t look.

Yep, but technically there are still no emissions testing unless they have probable cause like it being loud and smoking, and gaudy. If you’re being an azz then they can definitely test you, at least that’s what I’ve seen in the cases I know of! But you can be deleted and still pass as long as you have a muffler!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
          I just started the delete on my 17 F-350. Added a delete pipe to replace the DPF, but the rest of it is remaining stock, including the tip. It’ll be a bit louder as it’s now a 4” straight, but I’m hoping it’ll be pretty modest.Im well past the loud exhaust days of my youth haha

Good luck with that, those trucks get LOUD when you get into it!

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
            Good luck with that, those trucks get LOUD when you get into it!

I was thinking that may be the case. If so I’ll throw a muffler on it.

Comment

I was thinking that may be the case. If so I’ll throw a muffler on it.

Go ahead and order the muffler:

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                Traded mine in last year (2011 Duramax) and they didn’t care.
                How much did you get for it? how many mile you have on it?

Comment

I traded a 2015 deleted f350 in Dec. Four dealers would take the truck on trade in , two wouldn't even touch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                    I have never deleted a truck but I did run over a rather large speed bump that ripped my entire exhaust and egr out. I picked everything up and stored in my attic until I sold it vs trading it in.

I would recommend trying to sell on TBH or other sites before trading in.

Lol. I can predict the future.

I predict this same thing will happen to my truck next week. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Mike D, where you gettin it done?

I talked with PSEHouston, anyone used them?

There’s another shop in San Antonio that a couple of my buddies have used. That shop races diesels and my buddy’s trucks run really well.

Comment

Why I won't jack with doing this....not worth it
                        Wife didnt do it either on her diesel

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                          Why I won't jack with doing this....not worth it
                          Wife didnt do it either on her diesel

If you trade in every few years I agree. I drive mine til they can’t drive anymore so I ain’t skeered and I hate vehicle payments.

Comment

This is the exact setup I have. Its not loud at all. that was my main concern before doing it but was pleasantly surprised afterwards. Has a nice low rumble to it but not obnoxious at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotney View Post
                              Mike D, where you gettin it done?

I talked with PSEHouston, anyone used them?

There’s another shop in San Antonio that a couple of my buddies have used. That shop races diesels and my buddy’s trucks run really well.

I don’t understand your question. I simply stated there may be an unfortunate accident next week.

The repairs will probably be done by Texas Diesel Power in Weatherford. [emoji6]

Comment

My stock exhaust fell out of my truck as well replaced with EFI live and a 4" exhaust did it at 110k and have 160k on it best thing I did.

I would probably try to sell outright to if that day comes, I have been told by my dealer that they will not trade if it was deleted.

Comment

Working...
                                X