Wolf killed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loneaggie View Post
    Suckers are a million times worse than CWD Yellowstone elk herd has been decimated, and I think will be wiped out for all intents and purposes in the next 10 years. Dummies. Move an apex predator into an ecosystem and then protect it. Special kind of stupid.
    I agree with your point, but it will balance out to some extent. Wolf population goes up, Elk population down, too many wolves, not enough food, wolves die.

Comment

That pic sort of makes those "is this a wolf or coyote" threads rather mute, don't it? You ever see a real wolf, you'll know it...

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
        That is bad***
        This! Would love to get one with my bow

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          Sadly, that's just the Canadian wolf that the enviroidiots fought to get introduced where 40lb smaller wolves once called home. And that 40lb difference is wreaking havoc on the native elk population.
          It's not just the size difference. The elk no longer have the best wintering grounds like they used to because of agriculture and therefore have to winter where the snow is deeper. These wolves excel in the snow and don't break through like the ungulates do. I've talked a lot with the rangers in Yellowstone/GT and they say that these wolves are even taking down healthy full size bull moose in the snow.

Comment

Sounds like we all agree that wolf fajitas need to happen?

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Atta boy to the hunter!

Comment

Just out of curiosity....do the folks posting on this thread that have voiced a wolf issue take issue with (1) the reintroduction itself or (2) the perceive lack of management that is often associated when a species is assigned a protected status during a recovery period?

I will reiterate...I'm just interested in your thought process. I have no problem with your position on the matter.

Comment

Had a guide duck hunting that was from Oregon. He said they are terrible there. Said they view them up there how we in Texas view hogs and try to shoot on sight.

Comment

Originally posted by simek View Post
                      Just out of curiosity....do the folks posting on this thread that have voiced a wolf issue take issue with (1) the reintroduction itself or (2) the perceive lack of management that is often associated when a species is assigned a protected status during a recovery period?

I will reiterate...I'm just interested in your thought process. I have no problem with your position on the matter.
                      Both since they introduced a non-native species and the lack of management now that they have flourished.

Comment

Here's a couple of threads to check out for more info on the wolf "reintroduction." I quote the word because what was introduced into the U.S. Rockies was nothing like the native population previously in place. Furthermore, I believe evidence was ignored showing that the native population was still extant -- surviving, not extinct -- in the wild when the much larger Canadian wolves were released. As I mention in the threads below, anyone can read about this in the book "The Real Wolf", by Texan Ted Lyon, along with Will Graves.

Comment

That is a biggggg dog.

Comment

Big dog!!

Comment

That pic sort of makes those "is this a wolf or coyote" threads rather mute, don't it? You ever see a real wolf, you'll know it...
                              Boy that's the truth!

My Grandfather used to tell me about the wolves in Texas back in the early 1900's. I never believed him until he showed me some old B&W pictures...HUGE animals.

Comment

So is that like a Mega-Yote?

Comment

Working...
                                X