Red Stag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Stag

Is Red Stag good to eat? Better than Axis?

The best IMO!

Definitely better than Axis and that is saying a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
      The best IMO!

WOW!! Seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
        The best IMO!

Did you mean to type that??????

Comment

It’s good but I don’t know if it’s better than axis. A lot will depend on what you shooy and when. I think it eats just like an elk. If you shoot one in the heat of the road and he has been pissin’ on himeself and fighting and humpin’ for a few weeks it may not be prime table fare! You shoot one early fall, early roar or a hind and I think they are among the best.

Comment

Spectacular IMO

Comment

Red stag is very good. And you get a lot more meat than you would with an axis

Comment

I'll let you know about Red Deer Hind in a few days... got one aging on ice now... Sure am hoping y'all are right about it being so good!!

Comment

it all depends on the other factors. in my experience, both axis and red deer females are very tasty, with me personally leaning to axis doe as i think the meat is a little sweeter.
                  but, if you are filling a freezer, the red deer is much bigger
                  on the male side, it all depends on the rut. I like Axis period and have never had a bad one. I have eaten red deer males that were good, but the one i killed mid rut, was not nearly as good. My friends all liked it, but to me it had a distinct testosterone gaminess to it. not like it was bad meat or not aged, but just that you could tell it was killed during the rut.. good luck either way

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    I'll let you know about Red Deer Hind in a few days... got one aging on ice now... Sure am hoping y'all are right about it being so good!!
                    You won't be disappointed, I have them on my ranch and everyone raves about Axis which I also have, but once they taste Red deer hinds or Stags that is what the hunt in the future, not Axis.

Comment

I like it better than Whitetail. Better than Axis? I don't think so.

Comment

I would take Red Stag over Axis any day and I love Axis.
                        i only eat Hinds.

Comment

Originally posted by bowsticker View Post
                          WOW!! Seriously?
                          Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                          Did you mean to type that??????
                          Sure did!

Have had both and would take Red deer over axis any day! One of the juiciest and best tasting meats I have had. Wish I still had some in the freezer.

Comment

Originally posted by Gladesgator View Post
                            You won't be disappointed, I have them on my ranch and everyone raves about Axis which I also have, but once they taste Red deer hinds or Stags that is what the hunt in the future, not Axis.
                            Yes sir!!! I think you feed them well and that says a lot. Don't get me wrong the axis is really good compared to whitetail but that red deer I shot at your place tops them all!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              Be sure and chime back in on this thread! I bet I already know your answer!

Comment

Working...
                              X