2018 College Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    Keep in mind that I never mentioned RPI. I thought it was a key factor.
    yep.. we was just talkin about how bad Tech sucked...

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
      yep.. we was just talkin about how bad Tech sucked...
      Watch out, they are pretty accurate with a goalpost.

Comment

Originally posted by longhorn_cop View Post
        Aggy should have no problems winning easily with the highest RPI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
        LOL.....Love the sarcasm. In all seriousness the Longhorns should win this easily. They are the number one seed. They played outstanding ball down the stretch. They have one of...if not the best HR hitter in College Baseball. Plus they are playing at home. All of those advantages spell WIN in my opinion. The Big 12 Tourney was just a glitch for them. Did they even pitch a regular weekend starter in those first two games? They should skate right in to the next round.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          No dude. You are not getting it.

Waaaaaaaaah, our conference got screwed vs. the winner of the second best conference is deserving of a host bid.

Not the same. I hope OU get's their teeth kicked in by an SEC team.
          I never said our conference got screwed, don't put words into my mouth. I agreed that Texas would host as well, they have a good resume. You are making stuff up out of whole cloth.

Heath, you are right they have, they have also gone straight chalk with the RPI many times. It depends on how things play out. I was responding to a suggestion that RPI has nothing to do with who host a regional, which is false.

Nobody got screwed except UK, they should be in the tournament and have a right to be ******. Their RPI is 30m, they are 15 in the last Baseball America poll and have series win's over regional hosting teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
            I never said our conference got screwed, don't put words into my mouth. I agreed that Texas would host as well, they have a good resume. You are making stuff up out of whole cloth.

Heath, you are right they have, they have also gone straight chalk with the RPI many times. It depends on how things play out. I was responding to a suggestion that RPI has nothing to do with who host a regional, which is false.

Nobody got screwed except UK, they should be in the tournament and have a right to be ******. Their RPI is 30m, they are 15 in the last Baseball America poll and have series win's over regional hosting teams.

I would say sometimes it just worked out along with the RPI. If it was just straight RPI, no need for a committee or the human element to be needed. That is why it’s just a blend of all the information out there.

Comment

Now go back and show me where I ever referred to you. I simply answered your question. There were a few others whining. Not you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                It does and it always has. It’s how the teams have always been seeded in regional and super regional play. Why do you think the RPI discussion has been going on all season?.....oh wait, that’s right how would you know, you only tune in when the post season starts. Good luck with Texas Southern, they’re no gimme, by any means.
                I have watched them all year.

That is why the Horns have already beaten Texas Southern earlier this year 10-2 and that was in mid April.

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                  I have watched them all year.

That is why the Horns have already beaten Texas Southern earlier this year 10-2 and that was in mid April.
                  If Texas and aggieland play Saturday, lets bet. Ill wager $50.

And I am serious.

Comment

Texas are $150 for one ticket for all of the games. I passed on them last night.

Hopefully I can get one from a scalper Saturday morning.

Edit see now that they are now $85 with fees.
                    Last edited by topduarte; 05-29-2018, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                      If Texas and aggieland play Saturday, lets bet. Ill wager $50.

And I am serious.

Are you asking to bet yourself here? Definite break even..

Comment

what time would the saturday game be? I'll be at the lease. debating on whether or not to take the directv receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Are you asking to bet yourself here? Definite break even..
                          No, RLB. My mistake.

Comment

Austin Regional is sold out, let's hope it's delicious and Texas/Aggie have to play three games to move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                              what time would the saturday game be? I'll be at the lease. debating on whether or not to take the directv receiver.
                              8 pm

Comment

So how do the tickets work? Is it per day....per game.....or the whole weekend? I see a few on Stubhub for Friday.....none for Sat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X