2018 College Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    I'm just fired up bro. An extra pep in my step today.

Looks like my lifelong dream of going to Omaha has been squashed. Over 1000.00 for the few flights left on SW from Austin to Omaha Saturday morning.
    You can ride that steer up there.

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
      Their pitching IMO was ok. Walks killed them. 18 in 3 games this past weekend.
      Really? Lol. They gave up 9 runs in 3 games to the #1 offense in the country. Held them to 2 runs in the two wins. 1 HR in 3 games to a lineup that had almost every hitter in the mid to high teens for the year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        Really? Lol. They gave up 9 runs in 3 games to the #1 offense in the country. Held them to 2 runs in the two wins. 1 HR in 3 games to a lineup that had almost every hitter in the mid to high teens for the year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        Really,

If they do this in Omaha, they will go 0-2. Yes they stopped them but both of the wins this past weekend, tech was 1 homerun away from winning in both games.

Why even give the other team a chance to win it with 135 HR's on the year???

Comment

Really,

If they do this in Omaha, they will go 0-2. Yes they stopped them but both of the wins this past weekend, tech was 1 homerun away from winning in both games.

While frustration to watch from the armchair, they pitched well and have one of if not the best defense in baseball.

...and Hamilton had zero errors until late and now he has 4 or 5.

They shut down a dominant hitting team and their coach sang high praises for Texas starters.

Comment

I have always thought Texas struggled on the mound this season but with that being said I think they tried pitching around the TnTech lineup. The majority of the games at all the regionals were 1 HR from winning. Seems like all the games were close this year.

I am way concerned about Arkansas and their offense, I was concerned about Tennessee’s too. Love this time of year and all of college baseball.

Hook ‘em

Comment

Really,

You're right, they should have scored 15 a game and thrown 2 perfect games. That's not how baseball works.

You don't play "ifs" after a 3 game series. Texas was also 1 homerun away from making this a 2 game series.

Comment

Really,

I agree the walks were frustrating (as well as the umps, especially the first 2 days as neither team knew what was going to be called or not called). However, the reality is the way Texas pitched kept the runs & home runs off the board. The Texas pitchers refused to give in(throw 1 down the middle just to get a strike) and stayed on the corners and low. While they missed quite a bit (more than I would like), they missed down or off the plate and that kept the ball on the ground and in the yard. To use a phrase from the bubble blowers, a walk is cheaper...

Comment

Sounds like the staff had a great game plan. It made for some tense moment but in the end it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar_HOYT View Post
                    I have always thought Texas struggled on the mound this season but with that being said I think they tried pitching around the TnTech lineup. The majority of the games at all the regionals were 1 HR from winning. Seems like all the games were close this year.

I am way concerned about Arkansas and their offense, I was concerned about Tennessee’s too. Love this time of year and all of college baseball.

Hook ‘em
                    They did but have been much better in the regional and super.

Comment

Yes I did mean the regular season. I think they threw lights out during the regionals.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar_HOYT View Post

Hook ‘em
                        I saw the same thing out of Texas and Texas Tech. Both teams had much more success during the tournament. I question if they could just turn it up that fast. There are a ton of super hitting teams in the Big XII and I think they made the pitcher mistakes much more prominent. It especially shows up in walks and hit batsmen. I know Tennessee Tech and Duke were great hitters, but the Tech and Texas prominent pitchers kept their teams in the game. I expect more of the same in the CWS.

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
                          I saw the same thing out of Texas and Texas Tech. Both teams had much more success during the tournament. I question if they could just turn it up that fast. There are a ton of super hitting teams in the Big XII and I think they made the pitcher mistakes much more prominent. It especially shows up in walks and hit batsmen. I know Tennessee Tech and Duke were great hitters, but the Tech and Texas prominent pitchers kept their teams in the game. I expect more of the same in the CWS.
                          I hope your right

Comment

Games this weekend, Go Hogs, beat Whorns.

Comment

Go Horns! Beat arky!

Comment

No question the Horns pitching is not the best, but they stepped up and did their job. We can say one HR away from a lose, but it wasn't same thing can be said on both sides bottom line UT is at Omaha and Tenn Tech is at home watching. David, Sean and Phil are all great coaches at UT with time this team will be one of the best in the Big 12 every year. We have some great talent heading to UT the next couple years should be fun to watch. I'm just glad so see them compete this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X