No announcement yet.

question about mowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look at Spartan if you want the best for your money in my opinion. Next would be gravely just my opinion. As mentioned; serviceable drive motors and welded deck.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
      Does anyone own a Ferris? The thing that I like about them is the 4 wheel suspension. Does it work well, or just a gimmick? How would it work for mowing an acre of pasture land?
      i was interested in one and after doing research it seems that there are just too many moving parts that tend to wear out. Just more maintenance etc

Comment

where are you located. Most of the above mentioned are good mowers. I would look and see if you have a bobcat mower dealer around (not the same as a skid steer etc) I had a hustler and dad has had two hustlers which were good mowers. I was looking to upgrade from the raptor sd line and for what I got with the bobcat would have been over 1500 more in a hustler. Plus they have the longest warranty I have found. It is I believe 6yrs and 1000 hrs. Got a good deal on this one in Cleburne
        Attached Files

Comment

There like Ford's and Chevy's hell they are all really good as long as you buy the commercial mowers. I've had a Dixie chopper for 10 year's no prob just keep the filters and oil changed you will be good

Comment

1. How much are you mowing?
            2. What's your budget?
            3. How long has your local shop carried that line of mowers? You don't want to buy a mower, and then the dealer stop carrying/servicing them. I was real close to buying a Hustler, and the local shop stopped carrying them, and shortly went out of business. After that, there wasn't a dealer within 100 miles. That may not mean anything to some, but it does to me.

I bought a used commercial John Deere 777, and never have any trouble getting anything I needed from the local JD dealer. They almost always have any part I have ever needed. Not that you will need to be buying parts for a new mower, but you never know.

Comment

Does anyone own a Ferris? The thing that I like about them is the 4 wheel suspension. Does it work well, or just a gimmick? How would it work for mowing an acre of pasture land?
              I own a 2100is, it’s no gimmick. The most amazing mower I’ve ever owned.

Comment

Originally posted by ckamp52 View Post
                i was interested in one and after doing research it seems that there are just too many moving parts that tend to wear out. Just more maintenance etc
                Your car has suspension, why not have a mower that does?
                My cub cadet that I used to mow my 3 acres took a over 2.5 hours due to it being rough and my back and legs were sore when I was done. It takes me less than 45 minutes now and I’m not wore out. It’s all I will ever own from here on out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
                  Hustler raptor sd. Are you close to temple?
                  not really, just north of Beaumont

Comment

Hustler raptor SD 54 with the Kawasaki engine.

Great mower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                      I bought a Hustler Raptor last summer and love it. Live in the country, mow about 2.5 acres when it is time to mow the yard. Dont have a "pretty" yard and this mower cuts it like a champ.
                      Same here. I am very pleased with our Hustler Raptor.
                      It cut very well, but then I sharpened the blades and holy cow ... it looks golf course smooth now.

Comment

Buy a scag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have had a Ferris for 12 years and have had zero issues with it. It is a 48" deck with 23hp Kawasaki engine. I used it in FL for 6 years mowing 1.5 acres took about 50 minutes, have to mow there every 5 days from April to October.

My mower does not have the independent suspension but is not bad to ride, so I would think the new suspension would be even better.

Comment

I have a Ferris IS 2100z. The suspension is NO GIMMICK! I've been running it for three years now. When I would finish mowing a few lawns up to 2 acres with my old rigid frame ZTR, back at the house I would nearly fall out of my truck from my back aching so bad at the end of the day. With the Ferris, there are no issues with an aching back.

I'm thinking about downsizing and going with a stand on mower (probably another Ferris). If so, my 52" IS 2100z with the 25hp Briggs Vangaurd will be for sale soon.

Comment

Just bought a 48" Country Clipper. Has a single lever joy stick for steering. Best value I could find with a welded deck and 23 hp Kawasaki engine. Real rigid frame. Have a buddy who bought a Ferris and has also stated his back doesn't hurt when he's done mowing.

Comment

Hustler HD commercial version love it . change oil and gas mow the lawn . Had a Ferris and new it was great but after 4 years issues with too many parts in the suspension. plus finding parts was not as easy as the hustler and the deck size is odd so blades not in stock local online yes .. I think there are many great mowers but buy from a big box home depot and they are nothing like the real commercial versions.. I would pay the 10 G again without question . I am sure this will be the last mower I need to buy .

Comment

Working...
                                X