No announcement yet.

White Bass 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m fired up for some winter fishing. Going to try canyon lake this evening, I’ve been having a heck of a year on the rainbows in the Guadalupe

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
      Killing em

What are you throwing?

Comment

Tired of cleaning...lol
        Get you an electric knife....and a basket...you waste too much time putting on a d gaming off a stronger. But wire the bottom of the basket closed.

Comment

Got em' again today. 38 whites, 2 crappie, ad a channel.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
            What are you throwing?
            White. Crappie Jig under cork with lead end. Popping like at coast for specs or lil fishies throw out let sink then reel in slow by bottom

Comment

Originally posted by Winman View Post
              Get you an electric knife....and a basket...you waste too much time putting on a d gaming off a stronger. But wire the bottom of the basket closed.
              Um I got 2 electric knives. Lol. I'm a pro

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                What I found was the rebbeca creek launch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Yeah ramp 11, right now I would use ramp 23 and fish th mouth of the river. Look for birds and you will find the fish or use fish finder and look for schools

Comment

White. Crappie Jig under cork with lead end. Popping like at coast for specs or lil fishies throw out let sink then reel in slow by bottom

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
                    Couple of my buddies went last week and caught 40 over 4 hrs of fishing. Fairly slow but should only get better.
                    Are they not updating their FB page or just keeping it quiet, they use to be great about posting fish reports?

Comment

Originally posted by Heron View Post
                      You might try the spillway below Lake Lewisville. It's been decades but I caught some there once upon a time. Access is limited so you probably want to check before you go.

You might also try the Greenbelt park up towards Lake Ray Roberts (not the 380 Greenbelt but next park upstream) or below Ray Roberts itself. Also, there's the Lavon spillway. And I've heard about, but not fished, Rowlett Creek which feeds into Ray Hubbard. I used to fish Stewart Creek which feeds into Lewisville on the east side and caught several sandies even though I was looking for crappie.
                      Nice! Great info! Thanks. I will let you know how I do. Planning on going g out tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer75 View Post
                        Are they not updating their FB page or just keeping it quiet, they use to be great about posting fish reports?
                        I can’t help ya on that one I have no clue

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan2014 View Post
                          anyone been around Somerville?

Haven't heard much on Somerville. Thinking about taking my canoe and go in one of the creeks to try and find them this next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle19 View Post
                            Haven't heard much on Somerville. Thinking about taking my canoe and go in one of the creeks to try and find them this next week.

If you make it out shoot me an update if you don't mind, im dying to get some fly line wet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan2014 View Post
                              If you make it out shoot me an update if you don't mind, im dying to get some fly line wet.

What kind of fly's do you use? I would love to fly fish for them.

I generally use speckled trout rigs.

Comment

white woolly buggers and little craft fur minnow patterns I tie up. they crush them and they're a blast to fight on a 3wt.

Comment

Working...
                                X