Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a joke?

Comment

I put out weed stuff yesterday for today's rain. Totally forgot last fall until it was too late so I have some broadleaf's coming out now...

Have some nitrogen to put out real soon as well as getting some sod for the side of the yard and out by the street. Going to rent a sod cutter and rip out everything between the sidewalk and street and relay St. Augustine sod.

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
        Where exactly do you get any of this stuff at? I always read these lawn threads with product recommendations but can’t ever seem to find it. Are y’all buying online or nusuries, etc...

Ace Hardware sells the Nitro Phos line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was finally able to mow my front yard yesterday, the mower only got stuck twice, so things are looking up.

Comment

Get busy this weekend on the preemergent. Wait a few more weeks for fertilizer.

Comment

I burned about 2 acres today to get the rest of the leaves out. Took forever.

Won’t green up for a bit longer with the weather we’ve had, but the ash and a little fertilize will help it a lot. This isn’t a professional lawn (have probably 80 trees in my yard &#128529.

Comment

I ain’t doing crap. Let me get this straight, spend money and time on fertilizer getting it to grow so I can spend money and time mowing when I could be at the lease drinking beer ?!?!

I’ll pass.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                  I ain’t doing crap. Let me get this straight, spend money and time on fertilizer getting it to grow so I can spend money and time mowing when I could be at the lease drinking beer ?!?!

I’ll pass.

I enjoy a nice lawn and can’t handle weeds in my lawn. I handle the weeds but pay someone to mow.

Comment

I just tried to order Celsius wg from amazon and it won't ship to San Antonio. WTH?!

Comment

I went through seedbarn.com and ordered it. It's pricey but it got good reviews. Let's see what happens

Comment

Originally posted by Efren View Post
                        I just tried to order Celsius wg from amazon and it won't ship to San Antonio. WTH?!
                        I had that problem too. Ended up ordering from these guys and it was cheaper anyway. Try code "thankyou" for 10% off.

Purchase pest control and lawn care products at DIY Pest Control. We are your best source for professional and commercial grade pest control supplies, approved for both residential and commercial pest control. Order home pest control products and lawn care supplies at DIY Pest Control today.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post

I’ll pass.

I agree, but in my experience the weeds grow faster than grass so it helps to keep the weeds somewhat managed. Less mowing, more beer drinking time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
                            I pay a professional to treat my yard. When I did the math for how much it would cost me to treat my 1 acre as needed, I discovered that this guy could do it for only about $10-$20 more per application than it would cost me. For that price, I was able to justify the cost of paying someone to treat it. This way, I don't even have to find time to do it. I just pay the bill when it gets stuck to my garage door.
                            I do this too. I live on 1.5 acres, and the difference in price of what they charge compared to what it would cost me to buy the bags and spread them was nominal. Been with them 3 years now, and my yard is completely weed free. Think they come 7 times a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              I'm peein on a certain part next to the porch a couple times a night..
                              You too ?

Comment

My lawn is full of weed, so I need to pull everything out. I'm already 47yo and my back won't be thankful. I have a big area to work with a lawnmower, so I don't know if I survive. Anyway, my son hopefully will help me, but he's a newbie in this.

He has never worked with the lawnmower, so I should get him smth else instead of it. I saw at growgardener.com some good weed pullers with which he can work. These tools are easy to work with, so let's see. He promised me to take all the weed out of the lawn, and I hope he'll keep his word.
                                Last edited by ilonasig; 07-01-2021, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X