Clear All

I'm happy for ya Timmy!
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
      I'm happy for ya Timmy!

Now that is funny!

Comment

Making progress. We Facebook messenger at least once a day. We set a time to actually talk on the phone this evening.

Comment

Hope ya had a good talk.

Comment

good luck in your quest. Keith

Comment

I was super nervous but the call went well. He is so happy that we found him. He filled in a lot of the missing pieces, but some will never be answered. Bio mom took that info with her to the grave.

He lives in AO Nang Krabi which is south of Bangkok. He has a friend in Houston and one in Fort Worth. Both want to meet me and celebrate.

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
                I was super nervous but the call went well. He is so happy that we found him. He filled in a lot of the missing pieces, but some will never be answered. Bio mom took that info with her to the grave.

He lives in AO Nang Krabi which is south of Bangkok. He has a friend in Houston and one in Fort Worth. Both want to meet me and celebrate.
                Great news!

Comment

I don't understand why you would need Y DNA tests on you and a known male ancestor unless you are uncertain he really is an ancestor. The DNA markers they look at for genealogy change very slowly as in no change is likely for 4 generations at least.

I did FamilyTree in about 2002 and quickly traced my dad's side back to the 1700's. In addition to the test, I spent a lot of time in the genealogy library in Houston. It's a great resource. My son bought me an Ancestry DNA test for Christmas and I'm waiting for results. I don't expect to learn much new info but it will be an interesting comparison.

Comment

I have not been able to say congrats in person. But man, Timm, that is fantastic. Truly happy for you. I wont be the first or last person to tell you the striking resemblance with the picture you posted of your Bio Dad.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullydog View Post
                      I have not been able to say congrats in person. But man, Timm, that is fantastic. Truly happy for you. I wont be the first or last person to tell you the striking resemblance with the picture you posted of your Bio Dad.

Thanks!! My sister Uresorn said You look just like dad. I will reach out to my brother this week. I will say it weird to be raised the youngest of three and now I am the oldest of three.
                      Sister and niece.

Comment

This thread just keeps getting awesomer and awesomer.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                          This thread just keeps getting awesomer and awesomer.
                          I second that, just caught up!

Comment

Of course I had to ask, but no hunting is allowed in Thailand.

He will have to travel to TX. LOL

Comment

I don't want my DNA print out there....may be a bunch of mysterious knocks on my door an I've got a very jealous wife

Comment

Working...
                              X