No announcement yet.

Terrell County Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple more good bucks, rutting good right now.
    Attached Files

Comment

Man y’all are putting some good ones down! Thanks for posting

Comment

Horns are a dropping!

[ATTACH]1080686[/ATTACH]

Comment

Just got home from our place south of Dryden it’s dry as could be. Illegals are very prevalent, we came across one walking back towards Mexico with very little water. A few miles down the road we ran into two border patrol and told them about him, they where at capacity in their vehicles with detainees. They where on their way to drop off the ones they had and where going go after a group of thirty further north. The little store in Dryden is open, very nice owners have plenty of snacks and really good beef jerky and summer sausage. Stay safe out that way!

Comment

This guy has been hanging around the last few days. I wish it wasn’t a 7hr drive, I’d like to go down and see if I could get him killed!
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
              This guy has been hanging around the last few days. I wish it wasn’t a 7hr drive, I’d like to go down and see if I could get him killed!

I’d have to make the drive and dedicate a weekend to that stud!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Went out this weekend. Put up a Krivoman. An Atascosa blind. Moved another around. Put out 1500lbs of feed. It’s looking desperate out there. Very dry. No real rain in months.

A few rabbits came up to us and ate corn at our feet.

Lots of crossers.

Comment

Deer seem to be way behind from years past. We will see how it turns out. Did see lots of fawns a few weeks back. We have tons of water on the place so I hope that helps. Will have a better idea of what we have when we head back out on the 19th.

Comment

Rolled it right to its spot
                    Attached Files

Comment

Looks like most of the county got some good rain last week! It’s obviously too late to help the antlers but great for wildlife in general. I’m not sure everyone is aware but TPWD put in place antler restrictions for muledeer, they must be 20” wide to be legal. That’s great news for us, our neighbors are some young buck killing machines!!

Comment

5 inches in Dryden.

Comment

Piggy there is going on year 2 with us.
                          Attached Files

Comment

What direction are you hunting out of Dryden? We are south along the river, and have been lucky so far and haven’t had any hogs. I like the paint job on the 55gal feeder!

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
                              What direction are you hunting out of Dryden? We are south along the river, and have been lucky so far and haven’t had any hogs. I like the paint job on the 55gal feeder!
                              We are south also. About 5 miles in off the hwy. Just east of the airport.

Thanks. As the years go on I paint the feeders more tan than dark. I’m working on one right now and I have to fight the urge to put more dark green and black on it. The rock lines (or water lines On the rock ) and the sage lines move right and left. I try to paint um horizontal.

Pigs showed up on us about 3 years ago. Still less than 10 by my count. According to my camera it poured today.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by spread5150 View Post
                                We are south also. About 5 miles in off the hwy. Just east of the airport.

Thanks. As the years go on I paint the feeders more tan than dark. I’m working on one right now and I have to fight the urge to put more dark green and black on it. The rock lines (or water lines On the rock ) and the sage lines move right and left. I try to paint um horizontal.

Pigs showed up on us about 3 years ago. Still less than 10 by my count. According to my camera it poured today.
                                Well hopefully those hogs don’t get too prevalent, maybe the bears and mountain lions will keep their population in check. Good luck this season, and keep those pictures coming!

Comment

Working...
                                X