Terrell County Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
    I keep hearing stories of the flood of illegals in and through Terrell County. Camphouses and blinds being vandalized and broke into and feeders/game cams being destroyed. At a rate 10x of what it’s been before.

Have y’all been experiencing this the last few months?

We are headed out this weekend to get some of our stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We made a trip out in March and nothing in camp was disturbed. Where headed back down in another month or so to build a wildlife guzzler, I’ll give everyone a report after that trip. Tx I noticed you where selling your protein feeder, are you leaving Terrell county?

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
      We made a trip out in March and nothing in camp was disturbed. Where headed back down in another month or so to build a wildlife guzzler, I’ll give everyone a report after that trip. Tx I noticed you where selling your protein feeder, are you leaving Terrell county?

Not getting off, but downsizing my ops out there until the border mess clears up. Found a couple small spots for me and my son to hint closer to home so we gonna move stuff to them for more comfort. Gonna see what happens out west over this summer and fall.

Comment

Man I’m glad to hear your hanging in there! You and this thread are the reason I joined tbh after years of lurking.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
          Man I’m glad to hear your hanging in there! You and this thread are the reason I joined tbh after years of lurking.

I really appreciate that man. Terrell County is one of my absolute favorite places to be and to hunt hands down. I truly hope all this border mess gets cleaned up quick so we can get back to normal out there.

Comment

Made it out and back with zero issues. Was pretty dry out there. Illegals broke the lock off my blind again and left the windows open.
            We grabbed 2 blinds and 2 large feeders and brought them home. Sick and tired of getting my stuff messed up so gonna go low-key for a while out there.

Comment

I hate to hear this. I am getting on a large lease between Sanderson and Sheffield. Never hunted West Texas before. Don't like dealing with illegals though growing up hunting South Texas. Times have changed.

Comment

Has anyone been on any leases on the Rafter EK Ranch between Sanderson and Sheffield? Looking for any info on the owner Eric G. Alexander or experience on the leases. Hopefully positive feedback.

Comment

I've never heard of him. I just lost my lease between Sheffield and Pumpville and would be interested if they had any vacancies.

You'll love the hunting out there. You'll probably have some mulies and aoudad in that area. I always saw mulies driving in to our place, but only saw one on the actual ranch.

Comment

Spring update- Was out last weekend and rain gage on Sunday when leaving had 2.4 inches. More rain yesterday according to the radar.

*Golf ball hail 5-15-2021 Several hunters RV's had the windows and AC units busted out.

Comment

I lost my lease out there on Meyers Canyon. Love hunting out there. Before Trump there was a lot of illegal traffic, after Trump took over it dried up. I knew it would come back with Obama II. Would love to find another place 1250-1500 a year would be my max that far out. Good luck you guys that are still out there.

Comment

Originally posted by texsdr View Post
                        Spring update- Was out last weekend and rain gage on Sunday when leaving had 2.4 inches. More rain yesterday according to the radar.

*Golf ball hail 5-15-2021 Several hunters RV's had the windows and AC units busted out.
                        Awesome news! My farm logs account shows about 2” of antler juice at our place. We just need it to keep coming. Sorry to hear about your rv’s, those things have a rough life out there.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                          Has anyone been on any leases on the Rafter EK Ranch between Sanderson and Sheffield? Looking for any info on the owner Eric G. Alexander or experience on the leases. Hopefully positive feedback.
                          This is a pretty good area to be. Lots of lions too. That’s where I killed mine.

Comment

To all the Terrell County hunters. Is a typical lease fee around $1500-$2000? Just curious what the low end and high end is for that area.

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
                              My buddy has 219 acres right on Meyers Canyon. If you have good neighbors, it is worth it. When you don’t, you deal with a lot of frustration. Love it out there

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by thepecosbilly View Post
                                to all the terrell county hunters. Is a typical lease fee around $1500-$2000? Just curious what the low end and high end is for that area.
                                $2500-$3500.00

Comment

Working...
                                X