Terrell County Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
    I lowered these feeders and put cages around them with 4x4 squares. I thought they would be ok since we dont have many coons, but I was wrong the fox and coons go in and out like kids thru screen door!

Other than my Hammer timed release protein feeder and my CoonHoods, this was the only “coon-proof” cage I’ve ever built that really worked on a spinner feeder. Drops 60-70% of the corn near the feeder, but works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh yea, that definitely looks like it would stop em. My only question is how’d you cook your steaks?

Comment

Looks like you robbed your grating from the bbq grill!

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
          Oh yea, that definitely looks like it would stop em. My only question is how’d you cook your steaks?

LOL!

Comment

Has anyone had any luck on the mulies this year?

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
              LOL!

That’s hilarious

Comment

[QUOTE=Deafishunter;15166579]Has anyone had any luck on the mulies this year?[/

Nothing to report on my end. I had an opening so I’m headed down next Wednesday to hunt for five days. Hopefully We’ll have a good one to show off!

Comment

Buddy’s son got his first bow kill

Comment

Shoot yea, that’s the way to get started! Good buck,and good shooting.

Comment

Ran out on Monday to check feeders to make sure that they were feeding and cut the brush off the roads so that we could get by. While none of us will be hunting on feeders, it was good to see that all of the feeders had traffic. We are just trying to hold deer on the ranch as there has been little hunting and no feeding here for quite a few years. Looks like my neighbors to the south realized that there was little hunting on this ranch as that is where I see the only deer blinds close to our fenceline.
                      I don't expect to see any big deer but do expect to see a few mature ones. It will be fun to get back to spotting and stalking and glassing the rugged canyons.
                      I am planning to feed a couple of miles of ranch roads which will give me an idea what the herd looks like.
                      Adios,
                      Gary

Comment

Went out to Sanderson last weekend to see if I could get any mule deer. Saw total of 9 mule does and a 4 point. But no kills. Plan to go back again to give it another try during this Next strong Cold front.

Comment

Here’s a report from Dryden. We didn’t encounter any shooter bucks, so we took it out on the does and javelina. We had a great trip. It was snowing between Dryden and Sanderson when we left Tuesday morning. Check out the tumor on this does leg, and her hoof.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Wow, that’s a big tumor she’s got. I have been at Sanderson since Monday, so I’ve been battling this crazy winds. Finally had 12 Javelina show up last night, and Got 8 does come in today when it was a calm day. Took out my first archery deer after missing 5 times in one week.

Comment

I was out there last weekend. Warm until Monday. Whew it got chilly with all that wind.

Comment

Couple of mature bucks
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X