Terrell County Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
    I'm not sure where 1823 is. I hunt north of Pumpville about 20 miles and take 1865 past Chreisman Road every time I go. My father used to hunt the Chreisman Ranch back in the late 70's. I've seen some mule deer, but all of the bucks have been pretty young and small. I have yet to see any big bucks. I'm not saying they aren't there, just that I haven't seen them. My father says they didn't have any mule deer on the Chreisman Ranch when he hunted there. There's a FB page for Terrell County hunting and one of the members hunts across the road from the Devils River Ranch. You might look that group up and message one of them. He posts a lot of pictures from his trail cameras.

It is 1865 sorry wrong road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
      It is 1865 sorry wrong road.

The biggest muley I've seen matches one I've got on the wall that I killed north of Van Horn. About a 1/4 mile down Old Pumpville Road off 349. I saw him the last weekend of regular season about 5 years ago. He was rutting hard and had some does with him. Big 10 point about 28 inches wide. I tried to get a picture of him but he just melted into the brush and disappeared.

I've only seen one on our lease and that was last year near the end of the season. A medium 5 point came out of a canyon to eh right of a feeder I was watching. He didn't give the feeder a second look. He just meandered around fer several minutes then walked off.

Comment

I’m sure hoping Terrell county gets some antler juice out of this hurricane. It’s not looking too promising at this point.

Comment

Son and I are planning to head west Friday evening. Spend the weekend filling feeders and hanging in the heat at camp. Just get away for a couple days and see what’s hitting the game cams.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
            Son and I are planning to head west Friday evening. Spend the weekend filling feeders and hanging in the heat at camp. Just get away for a couple days and see what’s hitting the game cams.

I was watching the radar yesterday afternoon and saw some rain out west. I think we may have got a little at the lease. I hope ya'll got some as well. I'm headed out the weekend of Sept. 15 to do the same as ya'll. Stay cool and post up some pics when you get back!

Comment

I didn’t show any rain on my farm logs account. Funny thing is when I set up my f/l account it kept prompting for the crop info, so I inserted rice. Where headed that way in a couple of weeks to top everything off. Hopefully this heat will break by then, we put out 4 tons of corn and it’s brutal on those hot days. Stay safe guys, I can’t wait to start seeing some pics!

Comment

Bunch of good deer on camera, going back in a couple weeks and will post more pics. Got an Elk that's been in lately. Looking to be a good year.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Terrell_County View Post
                  Bunch of good deer on camera, going back in a couple weeks and will post more pics. Got an Elk that's been in lately. Looking to be a good year.

HECK YEAH!!!

Comment

Cool pic! I saw a good bull with a bunch of cow elk the year before last off of 349. It was probably 20 miles south of Sheffield.

Comment

A few Mexicans on a late night walk
                      Attached Files

Comment

Funny how they're all wearing same clothes and backpacks. Don't know if there Mexicans tho.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve dealt with some illegals, none of them where dressed like that. I think those fellas are bad news!

Comment

We had some come through or place with like clothes and backpacks. One lease member had a Mexican stand off with them for several tense minutes before they finally took his advice and left the area.

Comment

Came across a few a couple years back. I am inside 90 near the airport. I kinda feel like since we are so close to the river they are going to bypass us quick and get to or past the train which is only a few short miles off.

Called BP and they blasted our place with a Helicopter. They got everyone one of them. Ruined our hunt for the next 3 days.

Comment

What I had on my camera.

We were leaving ranch and 5 came out of the brush trying to wave us down. We kept on going and ran into a BP a few miles up the road. He kindly went and gave them a ride and water.

Comment

Working...
                                X