No announcement yet.

(Texans Against) High Speed Rail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Likely a long way off, but they will use imminent domain if they need to. Took high speed rail around Italy it was great saw a ton of country side, actually saw a guy walking around with a Bracco Italiano and a shotgun in one of the fields, looked like a dang Benelli commercial.

While I respect everyone's personal opinions on the matter I'd like to remind you that Big airlines are not your friend either.

Comment

Originally posted by LOC4L View Post
      Likely a long way off, but they will use imminent domain if they need to. Took high speed rail around Italy it was great saw a ton of country side, actually saw a guy walking around with a Bracco Italiano and a shotgun in one of the fields, looked like a dang Benelli commercial.

While I respect everyone's personal opinions on the matter I'd like to remind you that Big airlines are not your friend either.
      If it goes through you probably won't see that here. Texas Central is seeking to prohibit the discharge of a firearm within 1 mile of the tracks.

As far as the airlines, they are not using underhanded tactics to force landowners from land that has been in their family for generations. They are seeking federal aid, but Texas Central is too...$16B from the "New Green Deal".

Comment

Just thinking out loud, but couldn't they compensate impacted LOs with a percentage of the project's revenue/NOI if they're unwilling to sell their parcel? That way it's less of an impairment and more like an asset having the route through their parcel?

Comment

For those that don’t think you will be effected, they ain’t telling you the whole deal yet. This has been in the works for decades. The first time I had heard of it was when Rick Perry was governor and the plan was called the Trans Texas corridor. It was supposed to be a large triangle connecting Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and Austin.

So all of us that live anywhere near those areas are gonna get screwed and all Texas taxpayers will get screwed because we will pay for it, but the Japanese will own it and profit off it.

Another reason to not vote for Abbott.

Comment

Working...
          X