Anyone cook with a instapot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shane View Post
    My wife uses hers a lot. More often than not, it really overcooks things, it seems. She follows the recipes she finds on Pinterest or wherever, but most seem to call for way too much cook time. I finally convinced her to cut the recipe's cooking time in half on a roast the other day, and it came out a lot better. I don't think she cut the time back a full half, but she cut it back to about 2/3 what it called for. It was still well done. She could have cut it back even more, I imagine. It takes a long time to depressure the thing, so it keeps cooking a long time while you're waiting on that.

You can manually release the pressure when it’s does cooking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
      My wife uses hers a lot. More often than not, it really overcooks things, it seems. She follows the recipes she finds on Pinterest or wherever, but most seem to call for way too much cook time. I finally convinced her to cut the recipe's cooking time in half on a roast the other day, and it came out a lot better. I don't think she cut the time back a full half, but she cut it back to about 2/3 what it called for. It was still well done. She could have cut it back even more, I imagine. It takes a long time to depressure the thing, so it keeps cooking a long time while you're waiting on that.
      I way over cooked some ribs the other day. Like chewing a boot.

Comment

Trying pork stir fry for the first time in mine this evening. Will try and update........if I don't screw it up!

Comment

Cooked a chuck roast, taters, and carrots in mine about a week ago. Turned out great! This same pot roast usually takes 3 hours on the stove.
          The pressure cooker sped up the time considerably and was delicious. You gotta play with it as far as times go. They will fool you on how quick they’ll cook things.
          I put the seasoned roast in with a little water for 30 mins. Then added whole baby red taters and cooked for additional 20 mins. Then added sliced carrots and cooked for another 20 mins. Turned out awesome!

Comment

Dang looks good.

Comment

OK .... WOW... YOU NEED TO GET ONE...

Amazon delivered mine today. I did the cleaning... Half way read the book...

Took out of the freezer. 5lbs of frozen solid(out of the freezer ) chicken breast.
              I added one cup of water. I covered the the frozen chicken with season all. Fiesta Brand... the only season all to use.... by the way....

turned on the cooker for 10minutes..
              I let them "warm" for 4 min.

so total of 14 minutes and... done... totally.. done... not kinda.. you wont get sick done. done.

my kids said it was the best chicken ever...

The chicekn was finished before the rice pilaf was.

I am a firm believer.

If you are on the fence.. Stop... BUY IT NOW...

Comment

While living with my brother for a while, thanks Harvey...... He got one before Christmas and did a roast with veggies. Took 40 min from start to popping the lid off. Took the roast and veggies out. Added a sliced onion, 3 cups of chicken stock and 1 pound of dry field peas. 30 min done. Best beans I've ever put in my face. Just over an hour, roast, potatoes, carrots celery, beans and done! that's usually a few hours of cooking of not more!!

So....I got one for Valentines day a few days before. Cooked an Hebert's broccoli/rice stuffed deboned chicken. I needed to wrap it in cheese cloth as it lost its stuffing at some point. Was still good. Last night I seasoned a costco pork roast (2.5 lbs) with mushrooms onions and potatoes. 25 min done. 2 for 2!!

So yes I'm sold on this cooker and yes the it still scares the crap out of me. The old cookers were very dangerous, but I am looking forward to many more meals.

Comment

My wife got one for Christmas from her mother. OMG. That freaking thing works. It's a crock pot on steroids.

Comment

My wife believes we are on some watch list with a form 4 suppressor application pending and buying a pressure cooker!

She gave me grief for buying it for her as a present. Now she loves it. A sous vide maybe next.

Try chicken and red enchilada sauce, a little ragin blaze fajita seasoning, onions, garlic, a cup or two of water or broth. Add some fresh avocado and tortilla chips and some darn good tortilla soup!

Enjoy!

Comment

Just picked one up. Will have to give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome, all the time. Delicious.

Comment

How come nobody just uses a regular pressure cooker that's all it is an electric pressure cooker

kronik by Diamond

Comment

Soups are incredible in it. Everything we have cooked is finger licking good. Highly recommended. For guys that have it, chicken noodle soup is to die for. We have made so much stuff in it. My wife has started doing stocks and broths. Makes soups even better. Pot roast comes out great, Be sure to look for recipes, you don’t cook veggies and meat the same length of time, so make sure you look it up.

Comment

Pressure cooker

Originally posted by TxKronik View Post
                              How come nobody just uses a regular pressure cooker that's all it is an electric pressure cooker

kronik by Diamond
                              I don’t want to say that the instapot is automatic. But it has set times for different dishes, starts a timer when pressure is met. Even had different heat setting too. We have a reg pressure cooker and used it often, but the instapot is a lot easier to keep up with times. My reg pressure cooker costs more than the instapot and is a smaller size. It actually is a little overbearing at first.

Comment

Cool I'm all for easier my crockpot hast timers best feature ever

kronik by Diamond

Comment

Working...
                                X