Who is going to try and kill a deer with an air rifle next year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
    Gonna get my old Benjamin out, pump it 12 times instead of 10 and bust ones ***
    Dang, boy I laughed at that so hard my dawgs ran off.

Comment

Im laughing at some of yall's comments regarding the price. The same could be said for all of our bows once they are rigged out. I have .22 cal Benjamin Marauder(PCP) that will put a thumping on stuff. Im going to sell it and get a bigger caliber to pig hunt with. The cost of arrows isnt cheap!

Comment

I buck kilt with a air rifle would be scored with a point system called Daisy and Crosman?

Comment

Some of those air rifles are serious business. They're way expensive too.

I don't see a problem with them being an option for hunting. What did Indians used to kill deer with? A curved stick shooting a thin straight stick with a sharp rock on the end of it......They're not bullet proof.

Comment

For those of us that was around in the early 70's a similar stance was taken by those that hunted with rifles when the state proposed a bow season. Check history. My feeling is if you don't believe this is a good thing then don't particate. This end fighting is how anti hunters win. Just my .02

Comment

Originally posted by Chasing_bone View Post
              But you can’t with a regular 22. What damage is an airgun going to do? I know they are a different breed these days and are not the $200 rifles you buy at academy, but ****.
              I've got a buddy that has an air rifle that pushes a 45 cal. at 1100 fps. Kills hogs with it all the time out to 100 yds

Comment

I dropped a 100# boar DRT with a pass thru with this Kalibrgun Cricket .25 cal. air gun. With the LDC on the shrouded barrel, the gun makes 2 sounds the thump of the hammer hitting the release valve when the shot breaks and the second sound is the pellet hitting whatever it's aimed at. This gun consistently shoots one hole 5 shot groups at 50 yards. My longest shot to date with it was 139 yards... shot a turtle smack in the head sitting on a log. Took out a squirrel at 76 yards with an earhole shot... I have a lot of high speed video kills of sparrows/starlings and some turtle video... one turtle video is a 97 yard head shot...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4098.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	24527717

Name:	IMG_4052.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	24527719
                Upgrade the caliber, and these "BB" buns as you guys refer too will do more than "...shoot your eye out kid"...

I too am a bow hunter and have not taken a deer with a gun since 1995, but If the TPWD in fact does legalize air guns for large game, I will indeed scale up and kill a deer with one, just because I want to... No different that I don't want to shoot one with a gun... IT'S CALLED CHOICE...

This is the 25 cricket and it's little sister, a .22 cal...
                They do make a .30 cal... I'm thinking I'll either get a .357/9mm or 45 cal.
                for large game.

Name:	IMG_4110.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	24527718

You folks posting comments about air rifles not being powerful enough to kill deer, are posting from a position of genuine ignorance of the air gun industry... There's a group now that is shooting 600+ yard silhouettes with a modified Texan air rifle shooting a 350 grain projectile at over 1000 fps...

This is my current favorite. It's a .25 cal. Vulcan that is a tack driver as well...

Name:	IMG_6222.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	24527722

Comment

Originally posted by samson33 View Post
                  I've got a buddy that has an air rifle that pushes a 45 cal. at 1100 fps. Kills hogs with it all the time out to 100 yds
                  Dang that’s a long way. I know the big boar calibers they have been shooting pigs in the head at short distances, but did not realize they were killing them that far.

Comment

This is my front runner right now... been following along with these guys and the development for quite some time. I like the bullpup design too for compactness yet still a good barrel length...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      This is my front runner right now... been following along with these guys and the development for quite some time. I like the bullpup design too for compactness yet still a good barrel length...

https://americanairarms.com/product/...power-bullpup/
                      I am going to be following which one you get when this passes. It will save me a whole lot of time on researching.

Comment

some of these airguns are legit! i have always liked them since i was a kid, think they would be neat to have a BA one too as an adult

Comment

Thx SaltwaterSlick for some interesting photos and info

Comment

Any of you who may be considering getting into the PCP air gun game should take heed to this WARNING:
                            These dang things are WAY more ADDICTING than AR's (black guns) ever were!! They're just too much fun... Operationally, they are just like learning long range shooting only you can do it in your back yard... not so sure about these big bore guns, but for .25 and down, they are mouse fhart quiet, or they can be made so.... and one hole accurate out beyond 50 yards and even top end guns sub MOA @ a hunert' yards... Tuning, tweaking, customizing, playing with ballistics... it just never ends once you get hooked!!

Consider yourselves warned! ... but it sure is fun!!!

Edit: ...and so far, I ain't shot my eye out yet!

Comment

I’ve got a .50 caliber sitting in the safe waiting on this. 145gr hollow @ 985fps. The air rifles today are unbelievable. My farthest kill was 125# hog at 72yrds, .25cal Airforce Condor.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                                Wanna bet?
                                Didn't realize they made them this powerful... wow, guess it could happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X