Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a crowd

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
    This. The management of the property will determine how many mature bucks you kill, not necessarily big trophies.
    That area is good hunting.
    I would worry more about poachers and thieves than illegals.

BP
    I have hunted all around that area, illegals aren't a huge deal.
    1200 acres = 4 bow hunters or 3 gun unless it is already fine tuned on management

Comment

Right on with what other hunters have said. Need to know how big the whole high fence acreage is? What have they harvested the last 3 yrs, ratios, etc. By default the area should grow 150 class deer on the high end. Once you add some type of management related to deer /acre and a sex ratio balance with a supplemental feed program, the results should be excellent. With that being said, from what you have stated about the place, I wouldn’t pay more than $10 x acre related to the lack of camp/power/water. I agree with Pilar, I would limit it to 3 rifle hunters and or 4 bowhunters.

Comment

My buddy from work sent me this pic last week. Supposedly happened at a golf course in Laredo. Shame! he looked young with plenty of potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s a shame. ^^^

We looked at the place Saturday and did end up taking it. We are really excited about Hunting that area. The senderos are overgrown but getting re-dozed next month. There was a ton of guajillo, black brush, huisache, etc. Plus the ponds are all spilling over their banks.

Thanks for all the advice. Now the hard part. Moving a ton of stands, feeders, vehicles, and a cabin from Val Verde to Webb County.

Comment

Working...
          X