Hunting around the Caprock Area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shane View Post
    ^This. I see people putting too many people on places up there sometimes, and it doesn't work out well. You either have several hunters going home empty-handed, or everybody ends up killing all the young bucks just to put something in the truck and they quickly shoot the place out. Don't over-hunt it, and it'll be sweet.
    I suspect the new ARs will help with that tremendously. It’s definitely not a part of the state where if you go home empty handed and are disappointed it’s probably not for you. The great news is I have not seen the #s and twins since the drought as I did this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
      ^This. I see people putting too many people on places up there sometimes, and it doesn't work out well. You either have several hunters going home empty-handed, or everybody ends up killing all the young bucks just to put something in the truck and they quickly shoot the place out. Don't over-hunt it, and it'll be sweet.

From the sound of it they guys who were on it aren’t much fo hunters. All their feeders have been nocked over by cows and the one that’s still running is so close to the edge of a cliff that my grandpa said half their corn was going off the edge lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Killer area

Comment

Our ranch has caprock running across it. We have a mix of mule deer, aoudad, pigs, and whitetail. They all have their favorite section to be in. It works out great for us. Lots of targets.

Comment

I hunted caprice canyons in 2012 on a draw for aoudad and didn’t see a one. Did see several nice mule deer though. I suspect the state was offering draws for aoudad so the mule deer could have less pressure. Anything around caprock country is incredible to hunt in. I would do it in a heartbeat because even if the recent hunting on it hurt the area you can always get it back.

Comment

Working...
            X