• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap gloves from CVS!

Comment

Originally posted by TB80 View Post
      What virus and how was he not himself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I don't remember the bug name but his immune system was never right again. He was sick all the time and just looked awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
        Latex gloves, for years now. Ever since one of my good friends got some virus from a pig he was cleaning and cut himself. He was sick for a long time and never was himself again.
        Originally posted by TB80 View Post
        What virus and how was he not himself?

Most likely brucellosis.

I see a lot of people justifying not wearing gloves because they use a gutless method. What does that have to do with it? The 2 biggest diseases that we worry about (brucellosis and pseudo rabies) are transmitted through the blood and can transmit through a paper cut, hang nail, etc.

And if NurseJenn gets brucellosis, she won't be a nurse anymore.

Comment

I wear them always now. I got bacterial meningitis when I was younger & to this day it was the sickest I have ever been. Docs at hospital said it was most likely from an infected cut, the only cut I had was a small one on my hand when I slipped and cut myself cleaning a pig a week or so before. I have no way to know for sure if that was the cause but darn sure not taking any chances of getting sick like that again if its preventable

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
            I rarely gut anything anymore but when i do I use bare hands. I didn't realize some folks wore gloves. Do you color coordinate them with you skinny jeans?

No doubt Josh.

I use my bare hands like the good lord intended.

I also wash my hand off in the nearest windmill trough. Oh the humanity. [emoji33]

Comment

bare hands

Comment

Never glove up with deer but do with hogs when I think about it. On public lands/draw hunts I will glove up because cleanup is easier. I don't gut unless the property requires it.

Comment

We used the gutless method the last two years days unless the deer is going to the taxidermist and I take it to him to have it caped. He's not far from our lease and I trust him more than myself.

I use nitrile gloves gutting or not because....

1) cleanup is a breeze and I don't have to dig **** out of my nails and any cracks in my skin. It just saves time an extra work. Any disease protection factor is just a bonus.

2) they help keep the hands warmer on those really cold late season days repelling water and blood which makes the knife handling easier and the skinning /quartering go quicker.

Mostly #1 though.

Comment

For a while I only used them when cleaning hogs, then I heard Remi Warren talk about how he got himself sick eating a sandwhich after field dressing an elk. Now I use them for field dressing and quartering. Mainly cause I like having my hands clean. Also, I keep, baby wipes in my pack. They are great for wiping down when you don't have access to fresh water.

Comment

I wear latex or the nitrile gloves when cleaning deer or hogs.

Comment

Nitrile gloves. Originally it was because I couldn't get the smell off my hands for days. Then common sense took over, my hands always have cuts on them. Seems like whatever kind of a/c I work on, something sharp finds my hands and arms. The older I get, the easier my skin cuts.

Comment

Latex gloves every time. Have them in the truck, backpack, pockets, gun cases and every other place to make sure I have them. I don't like dirty hands but I want to avoid a crazy disease much worse! I bought 1,000 on Amazon for >$30 but they have discontinued what I bought. I see this comparable version $100/1,000. https://smile.amazon.com/AMMEX-GPNB4...f%2B1000)&th=1

One other thing, these are awesome when nature calls in the woods and you have no sink at hand.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                            Latex gloves. I can go straight to picking my boogers and eating them without worrying about guts in my mouth.
                            I agree! Blood and guts in the nose can be nasty....but then again some get turned on by a dab of hoppes behind each ear.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                              Regular latex or nitril. Bare hands if I don't have them.

Pigs I like gloves. A few things to be concerned with if you have open wounds on your hands. Which if you work with your hands you often do.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

This. I try to always have a pair of heavy weight nitrile gloves (harbor freight 9mil weight). But I’ll get it done without if I don’t have them handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

No guy method for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X