Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much would you spend to save a pet’s life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After reading all of that I have decided to keep my dumb a.. redneck opinion to my self. It is a loosing proposition either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohawkman View Post
      After reading all of that I have decided to keep my dumb a.. redneck opinion to my self. It is a loosing proposition either way.
      Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
        I think labs bred for the pet market are overbred, and not the same dog as the originals or ones that are working dogs.
        Puppy mills, breeding for alternate color traits and greed do in the genetics of several breeds of working dogs. That's why you pay so much for a well pedigree'd dog any more.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
        Last edited by DRT; 01-25-2018, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Wow. Most comments on a thread (besides beer) I seen in a long time. As a kid, drop that dude (.22 & shovel) and move on. As a dad, reason it out, make my babies happy, “lose the dog” and move on. Buy a mut, never any reason to get crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
            We spent several hundred on 2 weiner dogs that got into some chocolate.
            I had a terrior mix that ate nearly all of a 1 pound Hershey Bar. Sally was proof that chocolate won’t kill a dog

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
              I had a terrior mix that ate nearly all of a 1 pound Hershey Bar. Sally was proof that chocolate won’t kill a dog
              We had a Boston Terrier get into a bag of amdro one time. It didn't kill her. She also tangled with coyotes once, and they damaged her but she didn't die that time either.

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
                I would save my pup before you. Sorry. I guess I need help
                Indeed, you do. There is not one person on this thread ( including the name callers ) that I wouldn't save before ANY animal.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                  Nope, but I can point out to them it’s a waste of money..... get over it :-)

Just think... $5,000 on a dog surgery. How much food would that have bought for a food bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just think how much all your hunting or fishing expenses would help a food bank from a non-outdoors person’s view. They think your hobby is a waste of money. It’s all relative to the individual. To set a line in the sand of what is and isn’t a waste based on your own person views and try to blanket everybody else with it is extremely narrow minded.
                  Last edited by Smart; 01-26-2018, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by texaspacker View Post
                    Labs?

Seems to be a lot of TBH comment on this thread about spending boo coo bucks on Labs. The few people that I know that now own or previously owned a Lab spend boo coo dollar on health issues.

Are Labs an unhealthy breed?

Labs are great dogs but a Hines 57 are free/ semi free and some make good dogs if trained correctly.

A Lab like any dog if it's not trained correctly is just a giant **** machine.

I said the T word that ends in D. That rates as a bad word now?

**** has been blocked forever on this site. It’s not something new. Terd is not[emoji41]

As far as labs. They are a very popular working breed for hunters. It’s only common sense they would be popular with hunters and what they do. Just like athletes in sports, a working dog is going to be subject to more injuries when asked to do what they do for their “living” at full speed compared to a biscuit eating yap yap dog. Combine popularity and what most are used for, and it’s easy to deduce why they are mentioned so much here.

Comment

Actually this is something that has been on my mind a lot lately. So much money I've put into hunting, tournament fishing, boats. Gotta admit there's a bit of regret. Just think if I had put that into retirement investment or land?

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I know someone that has spent 6 figures on a dog.

You are willing to spend whatever you can depending on what something means to you.

You would spend every dime you have to save your child. You wouldn't spend a dime to save a child in a 3rd world country.

It's not about the child. A child is a child is a child. It's about YOUr child. What you are willing to spend money on is about YOU.

People that spend money on dogs are no different. They care about THEIR dog more than you care about YOUR dog.

I don't really understand the bickering... other than the fact that sometimes folks care about YOUR dog more than you do, and how

the dog is being treated is cause for strife.

I see absolutely NO reason why someone would be upset that a dog is being taken care of beyond their own personal comfort levels.

It's not their dog. Unless they are envious of the dog... ?
                        Last edited by Encinal; 01-26-2018, 07:03 AM.

Comment

funny part about those saying they wouldnt spend any money to save their dog..... because its a dog...
                          most on here spend thousands on corn for deer....then shoot them..

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                            funny part about those saying they wouldnt spend any money to save their dog..... because its a dog...

[emoji6][emoji51][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Should we be spending thousands on dog food and shooting the dogs that come in instead? I know dog is a common food source in some other countries but feel like deer probably taste better?

Comment

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Cue the “fill my freezer and feed my family” crowd

Comment

Working...
                                X