Lufkin / Nacogdoches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lufkin / Nacogdoches

Might be a pointless question, but if the stars aligned in a few years, we could end up re-locating to that part of the world. I've only driven through there, never spent any time there. What's it like living in the area as far as schools/crime/etc? I love the topography and have no issues with the weather...both are extremely similar to where I grew up. Seems like housing prices are pretty reasonable right now(I know that has zero bearing on 4-5 years from now, but just an observation). Any input is appreciated.

I grew up in Lufkin and got out the first chance I got! Schools have gone south with movement heading to Hudson and Central. Nac may be a better choice! Good luck!

Comment

Nice place to live.
      Low crime.
      Enough stuff to do.
      Awesome lakes pretty close. Sam Rayburn and Toledo Bend.
      Solid solid hunting in lots of areas.

Comment

Nacogdoches is a great place to live and raise a family. Right in the middle of world class fishing a lots of hunting opportunities. Cost of living is very reasonable. There are a few small towns right outside the city where the schools are smaller that have great academic ratings.

Comment

lufkin has a great school system I teach in diboll just south of lufkin. all Angelina county schools are really good. nacogdoches school is in turmoil right now and a really bad place. lufkin and surrounding towns are great places to live

Comment

Was on Deer Lease 20y at Douglass about 11miles w of Nac..We loved the town and area..Its just too far from family to reloate at our age..

Comment

Thanks guys. I was hoping to hear this. It's exactly the kind of place I want to live and raise my son. Plenty of water and trees around, some public ground to play on, smaller city/bigger town kind of place. Far enough from big cities, but close enough to get there if we need to, and not too terribly far away from major airports.

Now just hoping it all plays out...

Comment

I’m moving to Lufkin about as quick as I can find a house. Looks like a good area to live

Comment

I love Nac, good folks in that area. Good fishing all over and hunting can be good

Comment

Don’t send your kids to school in NISD, send them to Central Heights, Woden, Douglass or Martinsville. Crime rate is decent, the worst is property crimes. Cost of living ain’t bad, shopping is terrible, but it could be worse. Hunting and fishing is fabulous and that’s all that matters......lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing good ever came outa Lufkin exceptn Atkinson candy!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post

LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I love the area. We live near Livingston but I have a lot of family in Nac and Lufkin area. We inherited a place 30 minutes north of Nacogdoches and if it weren't for mine and my wife's jobs we would live there in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                            And HoustonHunter.

I enjoyed growing up there but definitely wouldn’t want to have a career there. I went to college at SFA but same thing, wouldn’t want a career there. Retirement, maybe, but that’s it.

Comment

Have you ever been to Lufkin in the summer? The humidity is a little different from your current location.

Comment

Working...
                              X