No announcement yet.

New York airport/driving question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with others that New York is a beautiful state... It's that city that is a S---hole (in the immortal words of our president!)... Some genuine rednecks up there! They just talk funny... ...and the further north you go (up into Vermont/New Hampshire) the "redder" their necks get!

Comment

Newark for sure. Relatively very easy to get a rental car and get on the highway.

LWD

Comment

Another vote for Newark. I've flown into and out of all three.

Comment

Avoid LGA at all costs. It's always been a disaster, but it's much worse right now and will be for the foreseeable future with all the construction they have going on at and around the airport.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            I agree with others that New York is a beautiful state... It's that city that is a S---hole (in the immortal words of our president!)... Some genuine rednecks up there! They just talk funny... ...and the further north you go (up into Vermont/New Hampshire) the "redder" their necks get!

I moved here from NH and I am far from being a redneck or a liberal! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My office was in midtown and I have always flown into all three for various reasons. EWR is best. Driving in the city is not as bad as it looks. We have been in 3 accidents since moving here last year. Texas has been the worst place to drive including LA, Boston and NY! At least in the DFW area

Comment

Rented a car in NYC and drove to Saratoga Springs for a cousins graduation at Skidmore College. Beautiful country up there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                  Newark by a long way
                  LGA has massive construction projects ongoing inside and outside the terminals.

Newark is better for ingress/egress, but the neighborhood around it will make you wish you had a CHL.

Comment

flew into and out of LGA last week.....yep still sux

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post

Newark is better for ingress/egress, but the neighborhood around it will make you wish you had a CHL.

All you guys are so tough out in the woods in the dark, then wimp our in the hood. Haha!

But you are right about the surrounding neighborhood :-)

Comment

Newark hands down. I grew up north of there. While going up the NY Thruway, consider stopping at the US Military Academy, West Point. If you can fit it in, it’s worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post

You may have one, but NJ will not honor it.

Stay on the main roads and highways and you’ll be fine.

Comment

Newark without a doubt

Comment

Don’t know about the airports up there but y’all are going to have a blast. We did a tourney there when I was 12 and it was incredible. Going to be a weekend tour boy won’t forget!!

Comment

We were there in September. There is NO WAY I would drive around there. Makes DFW driving look like a nice country drive. Those folks are idiots.

LGA airport is a dump.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X