Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
    Keep Clowney.

If JJ comes back, trade him. Get something for him before it’s too late. Plus, it’ll give him a chance to win a Super Bowl. He’s wasting his talent in Houston. Year before last, the Texans had the #1 defense in the league, WITHOUT JJ WATT.

If Watson and mercilus can get healthy, the Texans will be ok without watt. Houston needs an offensive line and a defensive secondary. I’ve never seen a secondary give up so many pass interference penalties.
    It's already 3yrs too late on trading JJ. It's cut him or pay him. Those are the only options right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesl View Post
      I doubt Cushing has any real trade value. Clowney will command 120 ml in free agency and will get it. I wish they would have traded out of the 1st pick in 2014 but Rick Smith's demands were too high. I can't see the Texans paying two D lineman 100 million dollar contracts. So if someone is willing to give us the 4th pick in the draft, I would do it. We have one offensive lineman that deserves to start. Use that pick to draft the best left tackle in the draft.

I know that coach in NE would trade him. But what does he know.
      It'll be an interesting off season for sure this year. I was never a fan of Smith and I wonder how much maneuvering the new GM will do since Smith is only out for a season. I don't see them ponying up the cash for 2 9 figure players either.

Comment

Originally posted by ETX_REAPER View Post
        Clowney for Dez!
        And a 4th to boot

Comment

No way...

Comment

Yes they can afford it. They have a lot of cap space.

Comment

Clowney reminds me of Mario Williams. Just doing enough to bail out & get paid.

Watt will ride out his career here if he wants to.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                It'll be an interesting off season for sure this year. I was never a fan of Smith and I wonder how much maneuvering the new GM will do since Smith is only out for a season. I don't see them ponying up the cash for 2 9 figure players either.
                Smith is not coming back, well not as the GM. Using his wife's illness was a chicken sheet way of not having to fire him or forcing him to take another position in the front office. Cushing should be cut. That will free up some cap space. They better spend some of the 50 million plus they will have to shore up the OL and Secondary. Those players won't come cheap.

Comment

Smith is not coming back, well not as the GM. Using his wife's illness was a chicken sheet way of not having to fire him or forcing him to take another position in the front office. Cushing should be cut. That will free up some cap space. They better spend some of the 50 million plus they will have to shore up the OL and Secondary. Those players won't come cheap.
                  Good to hear Smith is gone. Terrible GM. Cushing lost his step 2 yrs ago. And you're correct, without an O-Line, Watson better have his running shoes on.

Comment

Nope
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post

This^ I expect Clowney to have a great contract season. I think once he gets his big contract, he will lay down a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post

This^ I expect Clowney to have a great contract season. I think once he gets his big contract, he will lay down a bit.
                        As long as he has someone like JJ to hold him accountable, I don't think he'll be a bust. I was never really impressed with Mario.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                          As long as he has someone like JJ to hold him accountable, I don't think he'll be a bust. I was never really impressed with Mario.
                          I don't think its an accountability issue. I just don't think either of them really want it bad enough. You can't hit a home run on every first round pick and these two fall into that category. They will be a valuable asset to another team that willing to pay them more than we will and your crazy to think this isn't a factor.

I hope Watson has a good recovery with his knee but no one will really know till regular season starts regardless of what were told. History has proven mobile QB's don't really recover from blown knees till year two

Comment

Mario Williams signed with Buffalo for $100 million when he left.

The contract he signs will be with someone else after the 2018 season unless he gets traded.

It will be interesting to see what the new GM Gaine does. He has been around the league and has been in the office with the Texans before. My hope is he isn't a cronie/brother in law hire of Smith.

Comment

Working...
                            X