No announcement yet.

Bald Eagle sighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw one last week sitting on a telephone pole. I see a few different ones every Winter in the same area. There's a Golden Eagle that has been showing up the past couple of years too. You talk about a big son of a gun. That sucker looks big enough to catch and eat a coyote.

Comment

Had one in my back pasture a few years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve seen a pair of them from my house in Tomball. But the Mecca is on the north end of Toledo Bend, near East Hamilton. It’s not unusual to see 10-12 at any one time when I’m fishing there. The fact that it’s all National Forest around the lake means there are few camps an people probably has something to do with it.

Comment

Go to AK a time or two each year to fish and eagles very common. Have a boat on Conroe where a pair nest and are seen every trip. Even with that, I continue to be in awe every time I see one of those unbelievable birds. Probably combo of national pride and just the size and beauty of the bird

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
            Huntmaster, I am behind Poteet high school, we only see Red tails, Coopers, and the occasional sparrow hawk here. What area of Mesquite do you see them? We were seeing them regular off hwy 78 behind the dam at Lavon, but I have not gone there as often dealing with illness for the last 2 years.
            we're south of the Lucas ranch, Lawson and 20

Comment

I've been fortunate to see many over time. There are a pair that nest in the Coleman/Norris area on Sam Rayburn and they are sight to see. We had one that nested on Hwy 105 between Orange and Vidor and the nest was visible from the road. She was there for several years and birders were always viewing her but I don't think she has been back in 2 years. We have a couple south of Bridge City that work the marsh area on each side of Hwy 87. It's interesting to see the resident Osprey sitting on a pipeline marker waiting his turn to fish the area when the eagles are working the fish. Just plain respect, lol.

There is a big population on Toledo Bend on the Texas side and they are coming back. I don't fish over there as much as Rayburn but they are all over the lake when I do get over there.

The problem I have is the kids these days don't understand the regal beauty of these birds and what they stand for in America. It's just kinda lost on them. I get excited every time I see one while on the lake and my boys are just, "it's just another eagle, we see them all the time." I guess the comeback is making the sightings less rare and not as impressive?

Comment

Lake Bob Sandlin we have a pair living here maybe more, we were fishing noticed one high up in a tree - a blue heron landed about 20 ft away from the Eagle - the Heron put up a good bluff but once that Eagle lowered that head and started lookin PO'd the Heron took to the sky! I always wondered how that would play out - at the coast no birds will mess with the Herons!

Comment

I've seen the bald eagle right there too, same exact location

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

You guys inspired me. I read this thread yesterday at lunch. When I got home from work I hopped on my bicycle to go to the neighbors house. As I left my driveway an eagle took of out of the ditch.

I live just outside of Alvin.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

There was a pair nesting in a big tree on the peninsula marked in the pic below at Inks Lake guessing they would be there this year too?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Calfroper81 View Post
                        Thought you were talking about my wife.....that was a close one

Comment

We used to have a fish farm and we would see them catching fish all the time. I still see them in the area once in a while.

Comment

Working...
                          X