Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

BOB needs prayers ... Slayer is calling it quits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where does AC/DC fall in all of this? That's about as heavy as I get, aside from the occasional Metallica.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's not supposed to paint a picture of a day in the park with flowers.

Do you watch horrer movies?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        Where does AC/DC fall in all of this? That's about as heavy as I get, aside from the occasional Metallica.

Two legendary, much bigger and more popular bands.

Not better talent wise though. As I stated earlier.....for you country bumpkins.....think Florida Goergia Line/Luke Bryan/Kenny Chesney vs. Reckless Kelly/Pat Green/REK

Comment

Depends on what Metallica. On the scale of 0 to Heavy, I’d say AC/DC is a 4.5-5. More hard rock than metal. Phenomenal music though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

This guy.....

You just know.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXFuv7B-4lY"]A Typical Slayer Fan - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Musically...instruments....beat.....excellent...ve ry talented....

Singing/screaming/screamging/lyrics....not a fan....

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                Two legendary, much bigger and more popular bands.

Not better talent wise though. As I stated earlier.....for you country bumpkins.....think Florida Goergia Line/Luke Bryan/Kenny Chesney vs. Reckless Kelly/Pat Green/REK
                Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                Depends on what Metallica. On the scale of 0 to Heavy, I’d say AC/DC is a 4.5-5. More hard rock than metal. Phenomenal music though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                I keep Enter Sandman on my phone because I used to think it was bad *** when they played it in yankee stadium when Riviera came in to close the 9th. We play it for the boys toward the end of close baseball games and they look at us funny.

AC/DC, G&R, Crue, and some of the other stuff just takes me back to working in the warehouse with my older cousins when I was a kid, and they would bring their tapes for the boom box.

Let's face it, I'm a Waylon and Merle guy anyway.

Carry on...

Comment

Thanks for being respectful Dale. It's perfectly alright to have differing tastes.

As far as Metallica, most metal fans dislike anything after And Justice For All to be kinda ****ty. Some say Slayer went down after Jeff died.....I thought that would be the case but the last record was pretty salty and this lineup is tight as hell live. Metallic after the death of Cliff......not so much......but that's when they went pop and became stadium touring super band.
                  Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 01-24-2018, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    Musically...instruments....beat.....excellent...ve ry talented....

Singing/screaming/screamging/lyrics....not a fan....

Toms voice fits the music perfectly. It is heavy but not too much growling. His blood curdling screams are part of what Slayer is.

Comment

Thanks for being respectful Dale. It's perfectly alright to have differing tastes.
                      Not according to the Billy Mantooth I know

Comment

Toms voice fits the music perfectly. It is heavy but not too much growling. His blood curdling screams are part of what Slayer is.

That's fine but I'm still not a fan of the singing style....sorry

Comment

That's because CHRI is such a ******, Will. LOL.
                          Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 01-24-2018, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            That's fine but I'm still not a fan of the singing style....sorry
                            Antrax more your style? I like them but disliked Joey Belladonna and his singing.

Comment

Some of you just dont get it.

So basically Luke Bryan is far better than Robert Earl Keen. He is an idiot for not selling out and going pop.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                              don't even say something like that, BoB!!! Blasphemy!!!

Hehehehe...I get what you're saying

Comment

I keep Enter Sandman on my phone because I used to think it was bad *** when they played it in yankee stadium when Riviera came in to close the 9th. We play it for the boys toward the end of close baseball games and they look at us funny.

AC/DC, G&R, Crue, and some of the other stuff just takes me back to working in the warehouse with my older cousins when I was a kid, and they would bring their tapes for the boom box.

Let's face it, I'm a Waylon and Merle guy anyway.

Carry on...
                                Wayon and Merle are greatness

Comment

Working...
                                X