Cutco knifes any thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
    This is the Best blade on the planet FOR THE MONEY.. I couldn't begin to tell you how many animals I've skinned with one. I've wore the blade completely OUT on at least 2.
    Now they run about $100. I used to buy them for $40, 25 years ago..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m on my second one right now. Easiest knife to sharpen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I received an older model Cutco serrated knife that had been recently factory sharpened and that thing can do some cutting. I quartered 2 big pigs and there was no drop off in sharpness. It cut through the hide and even the shield with almost no effort.

But I have also used a $12 Morakniv on pigs and did so just this past weekend. One pass on the Rada sharpener and it was good to go. Really hard to beat.

Comment

I have a set of Cutco kitchen knives... I also have a Havalon that I bought to put in my pack and use on my hunts. Unfortunately, I need to buy a second Havalon... my first one sits on the kitchen counter and is used every day, and the Cutco's have, for the most part, become dust collectors. There is one Cutco that I use now other than my Havalon.

Comment

Hard to beat the cheap ones from Sam's with the white handle

Comment

Sold Cutco one summer over 30 years ago. Still have my demo set and use daily. Heck of a kitchen set, have no knowledge on the hunting knives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
              I bought a couple of Morakniv's. Inexpensive, very sharp. Have not cleaned a deer yet, so not sure how they hold up. doing very well in the kitchen with the carbon steel one. Have not had to sharpen yet.
              Best **** cheap knife there is.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the knife you are talking about. Get one with the orange handle, east to find when you set it down. Best knife for the price and lifetime warranty. Send it back every other off season and you got a knife for life.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                  I am hard on hunting knife blades and don't enjoy sharpening them, so I am looking at a cutco full serrated blade it is expensive so I thought I would ask if the GS has any experience/thought with the knifes
                  Thanks
                  Maybe I have the old ones and they had better steel? Don’t know for sure, but I have always used and always will use a cutco knife. An old friend used to sell them when I was a kid and turned us on to them. I don’t use them for the “fine” work anymore, but I wouldnt have a different knife to clean a hog or cut through a breast plate. I have never sent my current one in and still rip through hides and plates (had for at least the last 6 years). The double D cut gives you three angles of sharp. Even though it’s not my go to knife, I do love a good Cutco, and it always performs the job I need it to do.

All that being said, I have a Cutco cake knife from my wedding that I would bet $500 on that it could clean a deer start to finish. I do believe it’s that good of a knife.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                    I am hard on hunting knife blades and don't enjoy sharpening them, so I am looking at a cutco full serrated blade it is expensive so I thought I would ask if the GS has any experience/thought with the knifes
                    Thanks
                    My wife has a set of kitchen knives, now for 5+ years. I recently was given a filet knife from my sons. I have fileted several fish and deboned 3 deer and 3 pigs with and it still is sharp. Nuff said

Comment

The wife bought a small set from one of her friends that was selling them 10+ years ago. Her set has grown over the years because we will get a a knife or two at the stock show and have them co.e to the house and sharpen the ones we as needed. She is happy and likes them, i am happy because i always have a sharp knife.

Comment

Cutco knives are the Bomb. I have several and have never sent them back for sharpening and still use them for gutting deer and they are 15 years old now.

Comment

Working...
                        X