No announcement yet.

Campbell just post tracts to lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats not East Texas .. its West Louisiana ..

Comment

SolocamShooter, it there is one you want to look at and would like some company to keep you on the straight and narrow when you go give me a shout and I will go with you.

Comment

Are these prices set in stone..or negotiable.. because a couple are out of their **** minds...

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
          Are these prices set in stone..or negotiable.. because a couple are out of their **** minds...

The prices you see online are just starting bids.

Comment

I've hunted in mexico a couple times, and my goal was always to kill a 130" east texas buck..... My 135" east texas bow buck this year feels like more of an accomplishment then shooting any 150" in mexico.

East Texas is HUNTING at it's finest. Nothing easy about it. No feeder sitting and just shooting, but actual hitting the trails and hunting.

Comment

Just looking at all the tracts listed, the minimum bids range between $6.50 and $8.50 per acre except one. The one tract in Newton county with a minimum bid of $10 looks like it would be something that folks that deer hunt and duck hunt would like. The description says that it has Sabine River frontage as well as sloughs and oxbow lakes. This could be something for someone that likes to deer hunt, duck hunt, and fish. Or maybe expand the membership to some that don't deer hunt but love to duck hunt. The tract is big enough to handle lots of hunters (6819 acres) plus throw in a few duck hunters to spread out the cost. I have seen lots of posting lately for folks looking for a duck hunting lease. Sometimes you have to think outside the box.

Comment

What hurts allot of these small acreage leases IMO is there are too many private homesites around them in which has its obvious downsides. If you don't have at the minimum one member local to keep an eye on your lease it leads to problems.

Comment

There are no deer in East Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                    SolocamShooter, it there is one you want to look at and would like some company to keep you on the straight and narrow when you go give me a shout and I will go with you.
                    Will do I’m thinking hard about one. If I go to look at it I’ll give you a holler!

Comment

We stay in the high 120s to mid 130s for the average buck, with a 150 plus shot here and there on my lease. We have had a 188 killed but that was many moons ago. I do go to West Texas a lot and in no way are they even close to the size of my east Texas deer. Our does average between 85-115 lbs Dressed weight with bucks weighing 135-175 dressed. Most of my West Texas deer Llano and San Angelo are not as heavy on the hoof as my east Texas deer dressed. I will say I am on a very good MLD Lease, but even then it is Hard hunting when you are looking for 4.5 to 5.5 yr old bucks. Club rules allow the harvest of any deer 3.5 and older and that is why we stay in the 120-130 average. I love west Texas because of the amount of Deer I see, but I live in and will always Hunt east Texas.

There are Many Downsides to being on a Campbell owned lease, They log when they want to, most of the time during season. we have 5 oil well sites on the lease and 2 gates that stay open thanks to them, allowing trespassing. The lack of maintenance on the roads, They use to regrade roads every season but have not touched them in four seasons. We have 4 washed out roads that will flip over a truck or atv if hit wrong, two you can not pass in a truck.

Comment

There is a minimum bid posted on each tract. Here is my advice, and I have three Campbell tracts with longest for eight years so far, look at the ones listed and pick whichever ones interest you. Go look at them in person- check access, lay of the land, water sources, roads, etc. The tracts are marked with blue paint on the trees. Walk them over or take a four wheeler to check them out. Then you and who ever might go in with you decide how much it would be worth to you to get this and bid accordingly. My first tract was less than a mile from my house so I bid probably higher than I needed to get it but didn't want to lose out on maybe 15-20 cents/acre. You won't know what others bid so go with what works for you- if you don't get it then the disappointment will be less than if you second guess yourself on what you should have bid. I will say that they tend to have a preference for folks that live close to the tract or already lease from them. One thing that might work in your favor is if you know someone that already leases from them, get them to bid for you but don't leave him hanging if he gets the bid.
                        Yea I've bid the past 2 years, never got one, live in cypress so I think they don't like the distance...

Comment

Originally posted by pure lefty View Post
                          Friend of mines granddaughter shot one in the 190's this year outside of Palestine. They consistently shoot 150-170 every year. That don't suck and it is low fence.
                          South of 84 going towards Maydelle along the river?

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                            Yea I've bid the past 2 years, never got one, live in cypress so I think they don't like the distance...
                            I live in Cypress and have "won" a bid twice now. Both times I was out on business travel and could not get out to confirm I wanted the place by their deadline. As others have said, go see it before bidding I guess. I would not take it sight-unseen.

Comment

Solocamshooter, anyone can go a look at them- you don't need any kind of permit but to bid you do have to register on their website. You can print the maps for the tract you are interested in- just make sure you get on the right spot. Sometimes they can be a little difficult to locate when you go looking for them. You never know who wins but they do let you know if you didn't. Also, on their website, they have a tab for leases that need members so there is always that way to go also. LivinADream, I think there is a place when you register for comments- put down about your camp is across the road from the tract you are interested in and it may help you get the bid.

Thanks

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok if you bid and win that, how long do they give you too get the money for the lease and get the club together?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X