Angel Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angel Fire

In about a month, we are going to spend the weekend in San Antonio for my daughters all state band concert. I’m planning on continuing the trip to the mountains, with the family, for the week. Other than snow skiing, which I’m planning on for two days, what else could we do? I’m thinking renting snowmobiles? What else is there to do in the area? My daughter is 17, my son is 13.

I'm tagging along to see responses as I'm headed up there for my first time next month as well.

Comment

Go up to bobcat pass and take a snowshoe tour. A lot of fun and snowshoeing is more fun than it sounds

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
        Go up to bobcat pass and take a snowshoe tour. A lot of fun and snowshoeing is more fun than it sounds
        That does look like fun and reminds me that I need to start running bleachers tomorrow or I will die on this trip.

Comment

FYI- they have not had much snow, so not sure how good the skiing is. According to Bobcat Pass’ website they are doing ATV tours instead of snowmobile because of dry ground.

Comment

It's just skiing......unless it is snowboarding. Ugh.

Comment

No activity suggestions but swing through Chimayo and eat at Restaurante Chimayo. Go hungry - it’s one of, if not the best, NM cuisine restaurants. It’s not fancy, just good.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                FYI- they have not had much snow, so not sure how good the skiing is. According to Bobcat Pass’ website they are doing ATV tours instead of snowmobile because of dry ground.
                Yeah, I’ve been reading that, hopefully we get some snow up there in the next few weeks.

Comment

Better hope they get snow. We went and it was super crowded. Got 2 doctor bills because of the conditions up there, coming my way.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntingw View Post
                    Better hope they get snow. We went and it was super crowded. Got 2 doctor bills because of the conditions up there, coming my way.
                    Hopefully we get some snow, we may be spending the week riding four wheelers.

Comment

They are getting a ton of snow right now

Comment

As of 3 pm, red river had gotten 10 inches from this storm and it was still coming down. Headed there with the family in a few days and it was nice watching the webcam all day with the snow falling down.

Comment

Congrats on your daughter making the state band!!!! The HUGE All-State patches look good on the letterman jacket

We just got back from Steamboat Springs, snowshoeing is a lot of fun! We did a night snowshoe high....and the snowmobiling was great too until we buried them in 4ft of snow lol

Have fun and congrats again

Comment

They got one inch from this storm.

Comment

Go see the Vietnam Memorial and read the history of it. I has a brick installed for my brother who served in 'nam.

It is quite humbling.

Comment

Working...
                              X