Stand and fill feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    I own two Lamco low and throw feeders. They are the best I've seen. You can fill them while standing on the ground. They are coon proof. They use "The Timer". Set it and forget it.
    Does yours have that giant disc thing around the spinner? If so no problems with corn staying on it?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      I own two Lamco low and throw feeders. They are the best I've seen. You can fill them while standing on the ground. They are coon proof. They use "The Timer". Set it and forget it.

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
      Does yours have that giant disc thing around the spinner? If so no problems with corn staying on it?

Jeff must be busy so I’ll help him out. Yes, his Lamcos have the shield plates around the spinner plate that makes them totally varmint proof. I’ve seen these things work and let me tell ya they sling some product that’s for sure. Here is what AC’s look like:

Comment

The Lamco looks solid as well.

Comment

Here’s the Krivoman directional feeder

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5826.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	24527154

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5675.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	24527155

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
            Jeff must be busy so I’ll help him out. Yes, his Lamcos have the shield plates around the spinner plate that makes them totally varmint proof. I’ve seen these things work and let me tell ya they sling some product that’s for sure. Here is what AC’s look like:

Thanks for the reply. I’m freaking torn between the lamco and all season. AS is about 100 cheaper. Besides varmint cage/disc that’s really only difference.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Y'all got any problems with hogs trying to flip feeders over or damaging spinners?

Comment

I have a 300 lb all seasons and love it. No issues with it

Comment

Originally posted by CoolArrow View Post
                  Y'all got any problems with hogs trying to flip feeders over or damaging spinners?
                  No. Not with mine, have had aoudad around and under it and haven’t had any issues

I’ve even shot a pig directly under it and jumped straight up when I hit him, only thing that happened was a ton of racket

Comment

My next one will be the Ranch King Mighty Buck. Some feeders you have to get on your knees to adjust the timer. Everything is in the lid on this one.
                    Attached Files

Comment

For 100 I'd go Lamco. That cage knocks a lot of feed right under feeder on the AS.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought a 600# ASF this year and I love it. I got one that was made before the diverters to keep corn out from under feeder. Glad I did. Shot a nice deer under it this year. Yes under a stand and fill. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8063.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	24527162

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post

There is no corn stuck in it after it spins. It throws corn about 15 yards in every direction. IMO they are built better than All Seasons Feeders. Spend the extra $100 and you may never buy another feeder again.

Comment

I retro'd all ours a couple years ago. Chopped the legs, welded up all the old holes, put ultramatic's/eleminators and a little paint on em. They're not on skids but we don't move them much or at all. They're not 'stand and fill' technically but low enough to easily fill off the tailgate and a lot cheaper than picking up new units. Haven't touched them since other than adjusting times well worth it

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
                              My next one will be the Ranch King Mighty Buck. Some feeders you have to get on your knees to adjust the timer. Everything is in the lid on this one.
                              I have some of these excellent feeders. I would go with this one or the Lamco.

Comment

Only cons for me is I have to get down on my knees in the sand to adjust the timers... This typically involves grass burs!!!

Also, I have a feeder sitting next to a road and the dust covers up the solar panel to the point it doesn't effectively charge the battery.

Other than that, I like the convenience of the low height.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X