No announcement yet.

Post your Side x Side/UTV must haves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, looking for a new folding windshield for the old Diamo. The current windshield is solid and it's difficult to see through on all the foggy, drizzly mornings we seem to have.

Looking for a new gun rack as well. I'm thinking about the double Kolpin rack with gun boots that fits on the back of the roll bar.

This may be the last year for the old War Wagon. She's serve me well, but this has been a bad year for her and parts are darn near impossible to find. Master cylinder, rack and pinion, rear sway bar (twice)...

Next year may see me in a Mule Pro.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
      I added LED bars on front and back. Sorry, I'm just a poor Ranger owner but the front windshield is really nice on cold mornings. I also bought a rear seat windshield for the dust and honestly could not tell a big difference? I'd rather have some dust than "blind from the cold!"

The MOST dramatic add on was putting "truck tires" on it instead of standard UTV tires. The ride is so much better, provided a small lift and performs much better than UTV tires with comfort and response. A little expensive but bought thru my buddy at Discount with warranty AND slimmed. Drove over just about anything you can imagine and not 1 issue to date...probably just jinxed myself with that statement! Too dang cold to take a current pic, lol!!

Works for me...congrats on your new buy!!
      Can you give me the specifics on what tires/rims you put on there? Did you have to lift at all to avoid rubbing? I'm interested in going the same route.

These all look great. I'm doing some catchup on my 2011 ranger but things I added that I would have to have if I bought a new one are metal roof, front LED light bar, front roll cage basket.

I just added a 2 port USB charger that is hot all the time in place of one of the cigarette lighter plugs.

I just ordered and am waiting on these covers for the dash compartments:

I'm replacing front shocks and adding better springs. I'm looking for a better option for skid plates. I'm on my second one and it needs replacing. I bet with the new shocks/springs, I can solve the issue of tearing up skid plates.

I'm looking into adding a stereo or bluetooth sound bar system. I'll most likely get one of the ones that spans the roll cage above the front seat.

As a project to use up steel I had laying around, I built this front basket to hold a cooler, etc using the receiver hitch I added to the front. As ugly as it is, this has been a great addition to the Ranger. The finished rack has expanded metal sides and that lower tube has a receiver tube over it so I can put in a road feeder, trailer hitch, etc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20161030_182641.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	24527812

Comment

AC-HEAT, radio, seating for 4, road feeder, game racks, front and rear light bars, receiver hitches and 10 ply tires. Under $4500!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
          My main "must have" is that is must not be in the shop all the time. So that eliminates Ranger.

Kidding.

Sort of.
          Well then get you one of these...

Name:	Pioneer-1000-001.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	24527813

Name:	Pioneer-1000-003.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	24527814

Name:	Pioneer-1000-004.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	24527815

Name:	Pioneer-1000-006.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	24527816

Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe
          I didn't have to add tires, lift or anything like that... comes standard. Plus the automatic load leveling feature is pretty dang nice when hauling a lot of corn and such...

I added a split top so I could cover the compartment front to back if hauling people then fold the back half forward to allow me to stand in the bed and fill feeders...

Light bars front/rear and interior LED lights.

Warn winch,

CV joint protection and full skid plates

Tough Country Front End replacement with front receiver built in.

Front basket that has quick removal option if necessary

Top is heavy gauge aluminum as is the front basket built by Big Country Outdoors.

Front 2 piece windshield and back windshield by Honda... made all the dust a non-issue...

Don't have any good pics with the back roll up windshield or with the rear seats deployed, but it rides 5 adults very comfortably...

And PLENTY of power! Had a buddy with me and 15 sacks of corn in the back we ran down a caliche' road at 55 mph with plenty of pedal left... Also pulled a guy out who had stuck his Chebby Avalanche in some serious mud... Low range, 4 wheel lock and pulled him right out...

And as far as maintenance..... well, it's a Honda... nuff said.

I do like that little battery pack... I'm gonna add one of those. I also keep a portable air compressor kit and bottle of Multi-Seal and plugs on board too JIC...

Comment

Working...
          X