No announcement yet.

Hog Calling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which sounds would be a good start for a novice? I have your add-ons too.

Really interested in what brings those lone boars in a little closer

Comment

x2 ^^^

Comment

X3

Comment

Lone boars have been hit and miss with the sounds that are out now. Sow respond with more consistency. Convergent will be releasing some of my new sounds hopefully within the year One that I call "The Rally" works fairly well on boars, but will still produce more sows. I'm testing some new one's now that are for targeting boars. I will not and do not sell sounds that I have not been consistently successful with. So By the time you guys see them I've been using them at least a year some much more.
          as far as sequence this is what I suggest, don't be afraid to mix it up though and staying longer in one area may produce more results. I don't have to stay put because I have more land than I can hunt in a month. Remember it is just like calling anything else "some days they bite, some they don't" I will say this, I've been calling predators for 35+ years now, whitetails and turkeys for 25+. Hogs are much easier once you figure it out for your area and get it down. The rush is unbelievable.
          Using my sounds that are available to the public at this time I use Sow Hysteria for 4-5 minutes then switch to lil squealer for no more than 2 minutes then either back to Sow Hysteria or Pig Mama for 4-5 minutes then Turn Me Loose for up to 2 minutes then back SH or PM again for 4-5 minutes. Then either set quietly for a few minutes or move on to the next spot.

Comment

PS when you fire up lil squealer or pig mama you'd better be ready to whack some coyotes!

Comment

No plans to offer mp3s to those of us that have foxpros?

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                No plans to offer mp3s to those of us that have foxpros?
                Not at this time, other companies were given the opportunity to offer my sounds to their customers and they declined. Everyone has a smart phone now days and most will either connect to their ATV/UTV or to their auto stereo. Bluetooth is the wave of the future and most companies will soon follow Convergents lead in this area.
                I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but I'm bound by contract.

Comment

Thanks man, I just like entertaining myself more than killing sometimes, I’m simple that way.

Comment

Ok guys, you don’t have to believe me as I’m justa name on an internet forum but I tell you this:

This works and results are unreal!

I was in a hog area today standing in the back of my truck and played the sequence suggested and I’ll be ****ed if they didn’t rush my truck like in the videos!

They stayed about 25 yards from my truck and when the first few rushed in a stopped because of what I guess to being afraid of the truck, I’d turn the sound off. When they drifted off into the brush, I’d turn it on again and it triggered a mad rush.

I did this several times stopping it when they came into range, letting them go back out into the brush and starting it again...Its like flipping a light switch!

Its like it triggers something in them they can’t control?

My only question to Mr. Guess is, do they wise up to this?
                    Last edited by Johnny44; 01-18-2018, 01:25 PM.

Comment

For those that cant afford a $300 bluetooth speaker...any other speakers with long range blue tooth ability?

Comment

Guess what, I even tried on the spur of the moment with my phone speakers reflecting off the roof of the dang truck and it was effective!
                        Last edited by Johnny44; 01-18-2018, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CWendling View Post
                          For those that cant afford a $300 bluetooth speaker...any other speakers with long range blue tooth ability?
                          I've been hunting a bluetooth amp I can retro into my the caller I and came across this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdljQDBJ58Y

Comment

Sometimes things come along that give you a giddy feeling, from guns to other stuff. Usually when I give that chuckle of approval, it means (I’ll be dammnnedd).

Add me to the list of those chuckling at the naysayers!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                              Ok guys, you don’t have to believe me as I’m justa name on an internet forum but I tell you this:

This works and results are unreal!

I was in a hog area today standing in the back of my truck and played the sequence suggested and I’ll be ****ed if they didn’t rush my truck like in the videos!

They stayed about 25 yards from my truck and when the first few rushed in a stopped because of what I guess to being afraid of the truck, I’d turn the sound off. When they drifted off into the brush, I’d turn it on again and it triggered a mad rush.

I did this several times stopping it when they came into range, letting them go back out into the brush and starting it again...Its like flipping a light switch!

Its like it triggers something in them they can’t control?

My only question to Mr. Guess is, do they wise up to this?
                              Well **** son, you gonna stand there and pet the freakin things, or you gonna start shootin?

Comment

I was on some federal land and it was a non-hunting day

Comment

Working...
                                X