Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Any "treasure" hunters here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Join a local club!! Good way to meet some great folks, learn a lot, and open doors to new places to hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
      Last Summer a buddy of mine and I were out shooting prairie dogs and we ran across some glass insulators. My buddy wanted to shoot them for target practice. I told him he was not because I wanted to keep them. He asked what they were and I told him "They're glass insulators. Hemingray 42's." He picked one up and read the side. He thought that was so hilarious. I asked him why and all he said was...."Dude. I'm amazed at some of the most random things that you know. It's just weird."

I do know some pretty random things I guess. But that's what they were.lol

Some glass insulators are worth money. You don't shoot those.
      Both my Grandpa's were lifelong employees of AT&T / Ma Bells here in Austin and had buckets of insulators they collected over the years. Once they passed they somehow all got left with me, I was able to sell most of the ones that had value, but ended up giving away over 400 of them to someone on Craigslist that used them for arts and crafts. They were cool at first, as there were a few from the late 19th century, but then it became a burden everytime I moved... Was happy they went to a good home.

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
        Join a local club!! Good way to meet some great folks, learn a lot, and open doors to new places to hunt.

http://www.tamdc.org/Member-Clubs.html
        Cool site, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Come look in my garage, no telling what is in there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

I pick old stuff in the woods all the time .
            I found an old marble or granite door knob a few yrs ago on a job site in Chalmette Louisiana, makes you wonder about what cabin was out there at one time.
            I picked up an old glass gallon jug off our lease this yr.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I can’t tell you how many old soda pop bottles I’ve found and collected. Also I have old perfume bottles soda cans old chains hay hooks numerous old end wrenches mason jars old coffee cans

Comment

I've got a pretty food collection I've gathered out of the old family dump on our place. Old aspirin, Bleach, Nehi, and several old liquor bottles.

Comment

Nehi haha haven’t heard that in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Guerrero88 View Post
                    Nehi haha haven’t heard that in a long time.
                    Found a whole set over thanksgiving. I’d never heard of it and had to ask my in laws what it was

Comment

Great drink. Nehi orange for me.

Comment

Great drink. Nehi orange for me.
                        Those were good, but my favorite when I was a kid was Delaware Punch.

Comment

That’s another I forgot about. They were good I just reminder seeing deleware punch in a can did they make it in bottle. Anybody remember Woozies

Comment

That’s another I forgot about. They were good I just reminder seeing deleware punch in a can did they make it in bottle. Anybody remember Woozies
                            Never had it in a can, only bottles. I remember my Dad taking me to the Elgin meat market when we passed through there...barbecue sandwiches served on butcher paper and a bottle of Delaware Punch.

Woozies sounds familiar. Was that chocolate??

Comment

It was similar to Nehi. I always got strawberry. Also similar to Fanta.

Comment

I'd like to get a metal detector one day. I bet I could find a ton of junk metal on the ranch I hunt.

As far as "treasure" - Mine is fishing lures and reels. I've got a small collection of vintage lures, and a small shelf of vintage reels. That's about as much treasure as I collect.

All the best,
                                Glenn

Comment

Working...
                                X