No announcement yet.

Self Adjusting Feeder Timers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree that it would get used and make money. Hell, “The Timer” sells thousands of units a year and probably costs $4 to make. This can’t cost much more than that to make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
      I mean, how often to you even change a digital timer? Sure, the duration of sunlight changes throughout the year, but not significantly enough for the average person to want to update a timer more than once every couple months.
      I adjust the feed times about every 2 weeks from Sept 1 to February 15 on 21 feeders on 2 ranches an hour away from each other.
      I would be so happy if I could buy a timer that I could set to feed 10 minutes before sunrise, 50 minutes after sunrise, 70 minutes before sunset and 10 minutes before sunset.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
        Google “Cheap Piece of Crap” and you’ll find em.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          I just set my Texas Hunter feeders for 8:00 A. M. and 5:00 P. M. That works well for me as just because your clock changes doesn't mean the sun changes. I've done it for years and have not been disappointed.
          The sun does change. Every day, date light length is different, thus we have seasons.

Would think now a days with the computer chips getting so small and all, that they could come out with a solar related timer.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe_diem View Post
            I adjust the feed times about every 2 weeks from Sept 1 to February 15 on 21 feeders on 2 ranches an hour away from each other.
            I would be so happy if I could buy a timer that I could set to feed 10 minutes before sunrise, 50 minutes after sunrise, 70 minutes before sunset and 10 minutes before sunset.
            The timers i described can do that!!

Comment

This is our signature wildlife "set it and forget it" feeder. You will never have to "adjust " the feeder with time changes. This feeder transforms almost any hopper into a precision automatic feeder. (See Control Boards for picture of the Controller). Heavy-duty, military grade USA made wildlife mechanism and timer. M

Wish I had one of these on my farm 30 yrs ago
              Tired of adjusting year round.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                https://www.gamecountryusa.com/shop/day-ii-2/

Wish I had one of these on my farm 30 yrs ago
                Tired of adjusting year round.

BP

THANKS Big Pig! I'm going to order one now and try it out!

Does anyone else have experience with this Game Country feeder mechanism?

Comment

THANKS Big Pig! I'm going to order one now and try it out!

Does anyone else have experience with this Game Country feeder mechanism?

I like ‘em but they won’t work on my setups without some modifications. I need something that is just a timer, no housing and not with the motor included.

Comment

Photocell they go off at sunrise no matter what time it is. Well if they go off al all

Comment

Lightning can cause a real problem with a photo cell timer. I have 5 feeders so I just change the times gradually (5-15 minutes)2-3 times a year so feed is on the ground right at or just after daybreak and 2 hours before sunset. I usually put out a little hand corn in the mornings, also.

Comment

Solar integrated game feeder timer

Anybody have experience with a timer that adjusts automatically all year for the changing sunrise and sunset times?
                        NEW SOLAR INTEGRATED GAME FEEDER

Four years ago, I began developing a new type of wild game feeder to replace the conventional clock-timer feeders (and all of their problems) with a simple device that follows dawn and dusk regardless of the seasons. My financial and marketing partner backed out because of health reasons. I now have a patent and trademark in progress with little finances left and no marketing ability.

If you know any company or joint venture that would be interested, please-please contact me. Details at: With held by Administration

Thanks,

John T. Thorngren

Comment

Originally posted by Roy D Mercer View Post
                          This technology has been around for 20 years.. The company that developed it was SSI inc. it was called the Geo timer. You enter your longitude and latitude to your specific area and the timer self adjusts daily. My feeder goes off 15 minutes before sunrise and 1 1/2 hours before sunset daily. SSI has not produced any timers in years..i can only assume there are some patent issues as to why no one has one on the market today..i have 2 of these timers that are 15 years old and they are awesome..

We have 2 of them. Work great still.

Comment

y'all realize... this thread is 3 years old.

But, I'd love a timer like the old kenco's.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                              y'all realize... this thread is 3 years old.

But, I'd love a timer like the old kenco's.

Yep. Nubby bumped it trying to sell his invention.

He posted the exact same thing on this other old thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X