Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
    My boy got his second buck with the xbow. Double lung went about 20 yards and fell over. He’s pumped. Fun hunt.

Hunting seems to be improving daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It does not get any better than this.. lord how I miss those days when the boys were younger... eat this time up and take lots of pics, thanks for sharing such a wonderful photo.

Comment

have to be in the office for a couple of hours this morning. then, i'm off to camp. cannot wait.

Comment

Thanks all. He’s still pumped.

Comment

Anyone have updated for Hwy 190? Has the water started to go down yet? Looking for a fast trip maybe Oct30th - Nov 1st. I have to top off feeders before my big trip in November.

I would like to be able to take my jeep renegade 4x4 to save on my gas getting up there also...
          Last edited by duckman49; 10-26-2018, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
            My boy got his second buck with the xbow. Double lung went about 20 yards and fell over. He’s pumped. Fun hunt.

Hunting seems to be improving daily.

Awesome JR, I love the kid pics, that’s what it’s all about!

Comment

Wheat/Oats ready to do its job once the pasture dies out.

Comment

Looks good, that will be a magnet once it freezes good

Comment

Anyone have any updates from this weekend so far?

Comment

I’m betting the main word is hot

Comment

Originally posted by duckman49 View Post
                      Anyone have updated for Hwy 190? Has the water started to go down yet? Looking for a fast trip maybe Oct30th - Nov 1st. I have to top off feeders before my big trip in November.

I would like to be able to take my jeep renegade 4x4 to save on my gas getting up there also...

This was taken at 7:30 yesterday the pic said.

Comment

Wow that’s 190 still underwater. Crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
                          Wow that’s 190 still underwater. Crazy
                          According to one of our lease mates 190 was "passable" west of Eldorado Friday evening and it hasn't rained since then so I expect is fine by now. The airport is right outside of town and the south side of the airstrip is essentially a "bowl". There's just no place for the water to go once the ground is saturated the way it is.

190 should be passable at least before the next expected dose of rains they are predicting for Wednesday. I guess I will be finding out Thursday morn!!

Comment

This tank has never held water. The most I have ever saw in it at any time in the last few years is maybe a foot in the very middle, but it is dry 99% of the time.

In the last week we have had 5” of Rain. I might try and duck hunt it this season.

Comment

Great more rain.... mid week hope its light and scattered I have to go to my lease!

Comment

I have not been able to go to our place near Robert Lee, but my son and several others were there this weekend.

Total stuck for 2 days:
                                *Hummer
                                *Tractor stuck getting the Hummer out
                                *4x4 Ford Ranger
                                *Dually (belongs to Rancher)
                                *Trooper

ONLY thing that did not get stuck was our Polaris Ranger Crew...winch on front helped get everything moving again except for the Tractor...it's gonna' have to sit for a while and dry out some. Like many, we have stock tanks and ponds that were close to dirt, now overflowing...WOW….Just WOW.....

Got help from my wife's kids this coming weekend to take care of her recovering from hip replacement...can't wait...NO MORE RAIN PLEASE!!

Comment

Working...
                                X