Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting on paper exact age requirements is important. If the age requirement is 5.5 and a good buck shows that looks 5.5 then hard to turn around and tell said hunter he is on no shoot list. If there is a question on age thats different, in that case I'd say majority rules.
    If you wanted this particular buck to hit 6.5 then I would change the age requirement on all trophy deer to 6.5 across the board.

Congrats to the hunter, personally I don't see a problem taking that buck if he met the requirements. Hope everything around camp gets worked out, hate being on pins and needles at camp. Ruins the entire season.

Comment

First hunting trip out west was a blast! Had some feeder issues that hurt or productivity. Seen maybe 15 deer the past 3 days. 1 mature buck about 80 yards away kept on walking. Had 2 long horn spikes come in but no shot presented.
      I had a old doe come in stomping and blowing all hunt. Had cuts/marks all over her body. She decided to stomp 1 to many times before getting a rage to the heart. Took 15 steps and fell over dead. Also killed my first rattle snake and seen my first tarantula.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
        Yeah, it does. Exactly the situation I do not want in deer camp. One guy just shot the biggest buck of his life and wants to celebrate and one guy just lost the top deer in an extensive management program and wants to kick the other guy off the lease. There are a couple of other factors involved and I definitely see both sides, but that's not for the green screen. There are a couple of positives, though...everyone is crystal clear on the do not shoot list and other unwritten rules and we've got some good solid physical evidence that the management plan is working and we've got the potential to grow some giants.

Yep good looking deer. Good luck rest of season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=duckman49;13673205]First hunting trip out west was a blast! Had some feeder issues that hurt or productivity. Seen maybe 15 deer the past 3 days. 1 mature buck about 80 yards away kept on walking. Had 2 long horn spikes come in but no shot presented.
          I had a old doe come in stomping and blowing all hunt. Had cuts/marks all over her body. She decided to stomp 1 to many times before getting a rage to the heart. Took 15 steps and fell over dead. Also killed my first rattle snake and seen my first tarantula.

Good work, nothing like being in West Texas.

Comment

Snakes are out all over. Killed 3 more today.

Comment

Blood spilt........

Comment

Originally posted by jakeb03 View Post
                Blood spilt........

Sweet

Comment

I killed a snake about 5’ at my feeder. Second one so far. They like getting under the pallet my water tote is on. That’s a nice deer. Hope all is well on your lease

Comment

Blood spilt........

Waiting on ldp!!

Comment

Nice weekend DM49.....thanks for sharing. Welcome to West Texas ..

Jr keep all those snakes on the west side please!..

Good luck on the track Jake!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by duckman49 View Post
                          First hunting trip out west was a blast! Had some feeder issues that hurt or productivity. Seen maybe 15 deer the past 3 days. 1 mature buck about 80 yards away kept on walking. Had 2 long horn spikes come in but no shot presented.

Congrats on the doe.

Comment

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

I’m the only one here until tomorrow afternoon. Working on some pictures....

Still trying to figure out how I got him loaded. I think I’ll have a beer now ha

Comment

Nice one. Looking forward to seeing all the angles on that deer

Comment

Man, that’s cool buck!!! Congrats.

Comment

Working...
                                X