Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not looking good for dove season

Comment

Just got a flood warning

Comment

Had planned to head west to make final season preps yesterday but decided to cancel. Gonna be soggy and possibly more rain still to come.

Comment

Wife is about a hour out from lease road and said it cloudy but no rain yet. Hope it holds off so she can get the stand up and top off feeders. Excited to see what has been coming out.

Comment

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Originally posted by duckman49 View Post
            Wife is headed up to the lease tomorrow to top off feeders and set out our last stand. Hope weather holds off.

Not even mad i have to work all weekend lol

Wife is about a hour out from lease road and said it cloudy but no rain yet. Hope it holds off so she can get the stand up and top off feeders. Excited to see what has been coming out.
            Dang duckman...you are hard on your wife making her put that beast of a deer stand up for you. [emoji12]Plus fill feeders.....especially in the mud!!! [emoji30]
            Last edited by RascalArms; 09-07-2018, 10:52 AM.

Comment

I was nice and said she could leave the base off and just level it on bricks lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I was nice and said she could leave the base off and just level it on bricks lol
                She may be using your new stand as a boat the way the reports are coming in out there. FM 915 off Bootlegger is supposedly flooded. That’s not far from us where FM 915 splits off of County Rd 427 right on the Irion/Schleicher Co line.

See JR’s post 825 above!

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                  She may be using your new stand as a boat the way the reports are coming in out there. FM 915 off Bootlegger is supposedly flooded. That’s not far from us where FM 915 splits off of County Rd 427 right on the Irion/Schleicher Co line.

She is coming in off 190 and last report was cloudy but no rain and some sun coming down. I think she can get to my stand area ok but maybe not the camp. If so she will set up the deer stand and fill feeders and just head back home.

HOPE that she can at least, if not she will have to just drop the trailer off at the stand area and ill have to miss a couple days of teal season to go back up there.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post

See JR’s post 825 above!

She was able to make it all the way to my feeders, got the stand unloaded and the bottom fell out. Sitting in the truck now and its slacking up. lots of deer tracks and 680 pics on first Cam.

Comment

Ranch manager said we got 5in and advised us to skip this weekend. Hopefully it’ll be dry enough by next Thursday I’ve got a lot to get done.

Comment

Originally posted by txbowhunter60 View Post
                        Ranch manager said we got 5in and advised us to skip this weekend. Hopefully it’ll be dry enough by next Thursday I’ve got a lot to get done.
                        Same story here. We had planned to work all weekend, now planning for next weekend.

Rwc

Comment

Great on the rain hope this little cold front bring in some more birds.

Comment

We got another 1” today.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                              Same story here. We had planned to work all weekend, now planning for next weekend.

Rwc
                              The way it’s going would be doing good to get in next weekend without tearing up roads. It’s been heavy in places

Comment

Stand is up, cant fill feeders road is to bad after the last rain storm... had to walk about a mile to get to the camp aslo.
                                Said if they where 15 mins later they wouldn't of made it in to drop.off trailer with stand on it then haul butt put.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X