Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5.5 and mid 50s. Great buck

Comment

5.5 min, would like to see some more broadside pics. Pretty heavy tarsal staining, I can’t see his knees or hooves. Lighting and clarity isn’t good enough to see a lot of detail. If you are still growing your herd and don’t have history I would agree with putting him on the list.
      He is mature tho.
      I don’t think he will break 150, screen shots tend to magnify antlers but I really really like that buck. Also don’t think he has enough g4 to make it.

Great look!
      Last edited by KactusKiller; 08-24-2018, 07:49 PM.

Comment

I’m with Jack on age and maybe will agree on score since I seem to be heavy on my initial read while in velvet. I’ll adjust my mid 50s to suggest he will be darn close to breaking 150.

It’s really hard to get there with a mainframe 8.
        Last edited by RascalArms; 08-24-2018, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
          Age and score on this guy? He's going on the no-shoot list regardless, just curious what some of you experts think.
          I’m guessing 5.5.
          It’s not easy at times without history on a buck.

Good looking buck. He’s a cool one!!!

Comment

I also was gonna say 5.5

Comment

Rain is definitely helping the feed bill. Bulk protein feeders we normally have 1400-1800 pics a week on had 200-400 this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep that’s a good thing, mine have really slowed down. I’m hoping the “new” has worn out on all the green by the end of sept.

Comment

Yeah we get a rain in September it could be a really slow October.

Comment

Thanks for the responses everyone, I really can't differentiate between 4 and 5 years old on most bucks anyway. I figure that even if he is 5, he still has the potential to blow up and he can continue breeding, so there's really no downside in not shooting him this year anyway...although a couple of my lease partners disagree!

Comment

Wes without at least some history it would be hard to make a decision to shoot him and it really comes down to whether your trying to build a herd or if your herd is established and what the history shows with trophy deer increasing at yrs 6.5-7.5 but a starting point on age is 5.5 but I could see him being older but hard to say without the afore mentioned history. Def not much downside to letting him walk if the surrounding pressure is light or your in a big ranch.

Comment

How is the dove opener looking out that way? Headed up the 3rd to top off feeders and check the cams.

Comment

Originally posted by duckman49 View Post
                          How is the dove opener looking out that way? Headed up the 3rd to top off feeders and check the cams.

We had dove dive bombing the little area by our camp that holds water all evening in Christoval.... It was quite the show. Wish it was open that weekend although we would have gotten very little work done lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            We had dove dive bombing the little area by our camp that holds water all evening in Christoval.... It was quite the show. Wish it was open that weekend although we would have gotten very little work done lol...
                            hope they stay around for ya!

Comment

Mr Brows showed up.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                                Mr Brows showed up.

Comment

Working...
                                X