Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And from an 8pt to a 10. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post

Hello.....anyone in there?!?
      Nice Jack! We have some curious deer as well.
      Attached Files

Comment

Went out Sunday to get the corn feeders going. Pulled a couple of cameras and got some nice surprises. The ranch looks great, green and healthy. Looking forward to getting all of our setups ready in the next couple of weeks and see how some of these guys finish out.
        Attached Files

Comment

Man Wes you have some really good deer this yr. That first buck has some real age, I'd bet 6.5+

Comment

Hello.....anyone in there?!?
            Very nice.

Rain is really helping. I had right at half the number of pics at bulk feeders for the week as prior to the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
              Very nice.

Rain is really helping. I had right at half the number of pics at bulk feeders for the week as prior to the rain.
              For sure it looked really green out there. Feeder activity has slowed

Comment

Glad y'all are getting some good rains. We have been horribly dry all year. Been pouring the protein and cotton seed to them all year. Fortunately we are seeing some decent deer.

Comment

Originally posted by westexhunter75 View Post
                  Glad y'all are getting some good rains. We have been horribly dry all year. Been pouring the protein and cotton seed to them all year. Fortunately we are seeing some decent deer.
                  Its been a crazy dry year out our way. We finally got a good rain this last go around.

Nice bucks!!!
                  That buck in the second picture looks like a really good one.
                  Last edited by Bone Thug; 08-22-2018, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Sometimes the biggest bucks are taken in drought yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                      Its been a crazy dry year out our way. We finally got a good rain this last go around.

Nice bucks!!!
                      That buck in the second picture looks like a really good one.
                      Thanks. That buck actually got wounded pretty good last year. I was surprised he made it.

Comment

Sometimes the biggest bucks are taken in drought yrs.
                        True! They definitely are eating more feed in dry conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by westexhunter75 View Post
                          True! They definitely are eating more feed in dry conditions.
                          I go back to the junk food theory, when range conditions are prime they eat more "ice cream" plants, stuff that's more palatable and taste good but not necessarily highest in nutrition. In drought yrs those plants aren't around so they are forced to eat the tougher woody browse that's higher in protein but not as desirable as well as supplemental feed making up a higher percentage of their diet if its available.

I tend to eat more of those "ice cream" plants myself

Comment

I go back to the junk food theory, when range conditions are prime they eat more "ice cream" plants, stuff that's more palatable and taste good but not necessarily highest in nutrition. In drought yrs those plants aren't around so they are forced to eat the tougher woody browse that's higher in protein but not as desirable as well as supplemental feed making up a higher percentage of their diet if its available.

I tend to eat more of those "ice cream" plants myself
                            Hmmm...
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	download (55).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	24550937

Comment

Age and score on this guy? He's going on the no-shoot list regardless, just curious what some of you experts think.
                              Attached Files

Comment

4.5, low 150's possibly. That's a stud man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X