Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
    Dang! That’s nice. I only got 3/4” at my house here in Sonora.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We’re very fortunate to have been in the right place the last 4-5 days. That was Sunday and Monday rains combined.... plus another 1/2” on Thursday/Friday. 3 - 8/10s total. Pretty good rain series
    Last edited by Smart; 07-11-2018, 06:39 AM.

Comment

This guy may have an advantage come fighting time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

May have found one for my boy and his crossbow.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post

That would be perfect for him! Looks like an old deer

Comment

That could end up a pretty solid 8 when he is done, should fit a young boys hands pretty well for an ldp

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
              That could end up a pretty solid 8 when he is done, should fit a young boys hands pretty well for an ldp
              Yep we should have shot him last year. He’s always been an 8 with weak 3s. Boy will be pumped though if we see him.

Comment

Yep we should have shot him last year. He’s always been an 8 with weak 3s. Boy will be pumped though if we see him.
                I didn’t think y’all shot deer over there on the preserve! Thought it was feed and observation only.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                  I didn’t think y’all shot deer over there on the preserve! Thought it was feed and observation only.
                  That's why hes still alive! We don't like having to gut deer.

Comment

Not a good pic. But same buck from last year.

Comment

Some of those Irion co splits on this little guy.

Comment

I’ve been needing to get some work done out west for some time now but my helper (the prodigal son [emoji6]) has been tied up with both work and school and can’t get away.
                        Well......TBH to the rescue! My boy Brandon (Bone Thug) offered to bail me out in this heat! And oh man...was it HOT!

We put out 2500 lbs of cottonseed, 1700 lbs of corn, 400 lbs of rice bran and 2 protein blocks and installed my new Maverick blind on a 3’ platform. Also pulled and replaced sd cards and batteries in a few game cams and some misc stand repairs.

The new set up....these deer have options [emoji6]

Set up new corn and rice bran feeder

Maverick in the air a little. Will brush it in better next trip.

Replaced the standard gate style spinner plates with Spintechs on both 85 gal feeders at my secondary spot. Hopefully that will fix this problem [emoji35]

Believe it or not it really wasn’t that bad temp wise. There was just enough wind to make it bearable and we tried to stay hydrated and pace ourselves. That said, I think I only peed once all day yesterday [emoji30]

I can’t thank Bone Thug enough for his help. There’s simply no way I could have gotten this stuff accomplished by myself. It was a great day and I really enjoyed the time. We shared some great memories and like minded conversations on topics ranging from politics, fatherhood, faith and....oh yeah....hunting!!

You’re a class act Brandon!! Thanks again man!!!
                        Last edited by RascalArms; 07-22-2018, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Looking good! We will be filling up all of our protein feeders this week as I’m sure they are empty. Need to get another load of cottonseed for the next couple of months. This 106 degree heat has made it bone dry out there.

Comment

No problem, Joel. I enjoyed the visit and glad we got it all done for you.

Good luck to you and your lease mates this year.

Comment

Digging that rice bran feeder, any details on how you made it?

QUOTE=RascalArms;13500047]I’ve been needing to get some work done out west for some time now but my helper (the prodigal son [emoji6]) has been tied up with both work and school and can’t get away.
                              Well......TBH to the rescue! My boy Brandon (Bone Thug) offered to bail me out in this heat! And oh man...was it HOT!

We put out 2500 lbs of cottonseed, 1700 lbs of corn, 400 lbs of rice bran and 2 protein blocks and installed my new Maverick blind on a 3’ platform. Also pulled and replaced sd cards and batteries in a few game cams and some misc stand repairs.

The new set up....these deer have options [emoji6]

Set up new corn and rice bran feeder

Maverick in the air a little. Will brush it in better next trip.

Replaced the standard gate style spinner plates with Spintechs on both 85 gal feeders at my secondary spot. Hopefully that will fix this problem [emoji35]

Believe it or not it really wasn’t that bad temp wise. There was just enough wind to make it bearable and we tried to stay hydrated and pace ourselves. That said, I think I only peed once all day yesterday [emoji30]

I can’t thank Bone Thug enough for his help. There’s simply no way I could have gotten this stuff accomplished by myself. It was a great day and I really enjoyed the time. We shared some great memories and like minded conversations on topics ranging from politics, fatherhood, faith and....oh yeah....hunting!!

You’re a class act Brandon!! Thanks again man!!![/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                                Digging that rice bran feeder, any details on how you made it?

To be honest the credit goes to my leasemates AntlerCollector and bowsticker. Jeff (AC) really started it but both of them have done a bunch of trial and error and modifications during the field testing phase!

It’s just a 55gal plastic barrel with an inverted plastic funnel inside and holes cut with a grinder wheel. I think we’ve narrowed down the best size for the holes is roughly 5” x 5” square. I left the top portion uncut and used a heat gun to melt the plastic, making it pliable enough to bend up for a “drip edge” of sorts. I also added some RV vinyl tape over the top of the edge.
                                Oh make sure you secure the inverted funnel to the barrel with screws and also silicone the inside seem.
                                Last edited by RascalArms; 07-22-2018, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X