Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I can say is thank God for mld!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
      Going to pick a buddy up after work and we will give it one last hail mary. Need to kill 3 deer by Sunday. Could be a task, could be quick who knows. All i do know is my kids are begging for Jerky since i haven't killed any deer and their Uncle Smart sucks at killing deer too.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Quick guess age and score on this guy? Lease members and I have an idea but was just curious as to ya'lls opinions.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
          Quick guess age and score on this guy? Lease members and I have an idea but was just curious as to ya'lls opinions.
          Hard to go off one pic but looks mature.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
            Hard to go off one pic but looks mature.
            He's pretty elusive...only one other picture of him and he's in velvet, I posted it here earlier. I think I've got him nailed down though, sneaky bastage likes to hang out by the house.

Comment

Wall said $240 Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good grief.....They also said they would be done ginning by February-early March......so....

I think I'm going to take my cottonseed tonnage budget and invest in some timed protein feeders for my pens at that price and as early as they predict running out. I've been wanting to do that for a while so it'll be a good year to do so. I'll feed cotton see again next year after getting these up and running...
              Last edited by Smart; 12-28-2018, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
                I would guess mature. I killed a similar buck last year that went 135. I think that one is bigger and will get to 140+.

In summary, I'd whack him with extreme prejudice.

Comment

Well a little over a week left for us small timers not on MLD.

Looks like a lot of bucks are going to get passed for another year which is a good thing. Hopefully they get by another week. Sure setting up for a nice early spring with all the ground moisture.

Looks like we wont shoot a "trophy" on our place this year. Kids have had fun shooting off some shooter list bucks. The one trophy weve been hunting is a no show since early October. He is 7 this year and we didnt see him at all last year. Hes a ghost.

Everyone have fun this last week of general.

Comment

Well a little over a week left for us small timers not on MLD.

Looks like a lot of bucks are going to get passed for another year which is a good thing. Hopefully they get by another week. Sure setting up for a nice early spring with all the ground moisture.

Looks like we wont shoot a "trophy" on our place this year. Kids have had fun shooting off some shooter list bucks. The one trophy weve been hunting is a no show since early October. He is 7 this year and we didnt see him at all last year. Hes a ghost.

Everyone have fun this last week of general.

JR,
                    Been a tough one on feed since late October all over from what I hear. For the most past anyway. I agree there will be a lot of bucks slip through this year and should make for a good 2019 season.
                    I’ve passed a few good ones but that was mainly in October. I’m seeing a lot of great bucks for the future and I bet some keep showing up until they drop horns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Closed the season out thursday morning with a 6.5 yo buck we had named Tito. We had 4 years of photos of him. He never grew into what we hoped for but was a smart mature buck...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats again Lance.

Comment

Originally posted by lsmith View Post
                          Closed the season out thursday morning with a 6.5 yo buck we had named Tito. We had 4 years of photos of him. He never grew into what we hoped for but was a smart mature buck...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Nice job sealing the deal on him Lance... He was a smart mofo no doubt.

Comment

Boom

Comment

Our local gin originally called saying farmers bought all ccottonnseed and won’t have any due to poor crop/flooded fields. He called this weekend and had the last 5 tons they had dropped off.

What timed feeder you looking at Smart? Thought about adding a timed protein feeder and we started throwing soybean mix to change up from only corn.
                              Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Good grief.....They also said they would be done ginning by February-early March......so....

I think I'm going to take my cottonseed tonnage budget and invest in some timed protein feeders for my pens at that price and as early as they predict running out. I've been wanting to do that for a while so it'll be a good year to do so. I'll feed cotton see again next year after getting these up and running...

Comment

Just curious what protein cost is going to be this yr since cottonseed is a high amount of the makeup

Comment

Working...
                                X