Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big buck killed inside Beaumont city limits.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve seen nice bucks in the Beaumont/Fannett area, but nothing like this.

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
      The guy who shot it is a good buddy of mine. I actually helped drag it out that night and scored the deer for him that night. Deer really surprised us score wise and scored about 15” more than we thought he would based on game cam pics. Had him on camera last year and Best we can tell he added about 40” of tine this year.
      When you have 60 inches of browtine you shouldn’t be surprised when the deer scores well

Comment

Great deer! Love the haters, but there was a law enacted in the Texas legislature around 15 years ago that enabled people to hunt in city limits in certain conditions, due to overreaching city councils annexing for additional revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
          Score?

Are you a Phelan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          He scored 177 4/8”. He had really big brows last year too but was a straight mainframe 10. From the pictures from last year there’s a very good chance he was only 4.5 this year but you’d have to be crazy to pass on that deer.

And yes, I am a Phelan.

Comment

Wow! Great buck!

Comment

I seen it on Instagram when he shot it, great buck...Congrats...The deer are here just need time to get big...just like anywhere else.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tkuehn5410 View Post
                Great deer! Love the haters, but there was a law enacted in the Texas legislature around 15 years ago that enabled people to hunt in city limits in certain conditions, due to overreaching city councils annexing for additional revenue.
                So what you're saying is that there is no blanket law that covers every county and city indentically?!? Get Out Of Here With That!!

Comment

Congrats to the hunter, that is bow buck of a lifetime...

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
                    He scored 177 4/8”. He had really big brows last year too but was a straight mainframe 10. From the pictures from last year there’s a very good chance he was only 4.5 this year but you’d have to be crazy to pass on that deer.

And yes, I am a Phelan.
                    Good deer man! Congrats to your buddy

Comment

Beautiful buck

Comment

Originally posted by Payne346 View Post
                        I'm close to Beaumont and confirmed through my brother. Story is true and deer was killed off Dowlen road in Beaumont.
                        Drive through there all the time and you see deer. A bunch of deer on 105 near Windermere subdivision and that chicken place.

Comment

My buddy owns some rice field land out last Westbrook a bunch of deer out there tucked away.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
                            My buddy owns some rice field land out last Westbrook a bunch of deer out there tucked away.
                            Used to be a good duck pond out there too before the city built the walking trails. It was a great honey hole until some Kelly kids got popped one morning by the GW.

Comment

Originally posted by Pintail45 View Post
                              Used to be a good duck pond out there too before the city built the walking trails. It was a great honey hole until some Kelly kids got popped one morning by the GW.
                              Freaking Kelly kids ruining it for everyone

Comment

Nice congrats

Comment

Working...
                                X