Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2018 Live Pig Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This big hippo has been steadily coming back. Got motion lights set up today since he is shy of bow lights and seems to arrive just after dark.

Comment

I don't have before pictures, but to my right (southeast) of my box stand was berry vines and ragweed about 4-6 feet tall and a solid wall. My left (northeast) was some kind of creek bottom grass about waist high. Got it mowed finally today. First time in I don't know how many years it's been this clean. Hopefully it won't spook my pigs too much.

Northeast.

Southeast.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

I got a new setup put in a couple weeks ago and bumped hogs on the way into there so I was sure the hogs would be all over that corn and went in to pull cards yesterday and I'd forgotton to switch on the camera.[emoji35][emoji35]

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Comment

Got it lit up.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm out

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

you Guys ever use dead pigs as coyote bait?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
                you Guys ever use dead pigs as coyote bait?
                Not in several years. We used to haul off the "leftovers" after we cleaned them. We'd set em out in a field next to the tree line and come back that evening. I think it helps to have em cut open, or use the "leftovers".

Comment

Awesome! That’s what I would have thought as well. Shot a hog in the neck about 45 minutes ago and the exit wound knocked out the guts. Didn’t really want to try and salvage this one so I brought it back to the feeder. Made a few large incisions and got some meat exposed and blood on the ground. Hopefully it brings in a few of the coyotes

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
                    Awesome! That’s what I would have thought as well. Shot a hog in the neck about 45 minutes ago and the exit wound knocked out the guts. Didn’t really want to try and salvage this one so I brought it back to the feeder. Made a few large incisions and got some meat exposed and blood on the ground. Hopefully it brings in a few of the coyotes
                    We always had a couple visitors. If there's any in the area, I bet they come check it out. Good luck!

Comment

When you would hunt the coyotes how far from the carcass would you set up?

Comment

We were a hundred yards or less. We never paid attention to the wind back then, but to have the wind in your face would be nice. We had an elevated box stand we were hunting out of also.

Comment

That’s about how far I am from the kill site. I’m running a solar powered LED light at the feeder and a daytime optic. Wind is in my face so I would think within a few hours the fresh kill available would make the coyotes be a little less cautious.

Comment

I rigged up one of my motion lights. It's at least 10' in the air on a limb. Not sure what distance it's will activate. Gonna sit for an hour or so.

Comment

Good luck!

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Comment

Little raccoon just ran by the door. No shot, not sure which one of us jumped first. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X