2018 Live Pig Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
    Man I was so busy last week I forgot to post up while hunting with some fellers from Michigan. These two guys got their first wild pigs with me on Tuesday night.

I’ve been after that spotted boar for a year...haven’t seen him on cam in a few weeks. As luck would have it, he and about 6 other pigs showed up when me and those fellers were in the blind. A little 3...2...1...BANG action and we had two pigs down under the feeder.

Those boys got some good meat on ice headed back norf!

Skinny
    That's a nasty spotted one!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
      Man I was so busy last week I forgot to post up while hunting with some fellers from Michigan. These two guys got their first wild pigs with me on Tuesday night.

I’ve been after that spotted boar for a year...haven’t seen him on cam in a few weeks. As luck would have it, he and about 6 other pigs showed up when me and those fellers were in the blind. A little 3...2...1...BANG action and we had two pigs down under the feeder.

Those boys got some good meat on ice headed back norf!

Skinny
      Slacker![emoji3]

Y'all did a good job! Congrats!

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Comment

Id sure like to add a spotted one to the count. Squealing went away... hoping the big one silently sneaks in

Comment

My pigs are even more unpredictable than before. Had another lone boar come through earlier in the week, but only one night. Haven't seen the sounder on camera since last Saturday.

Comment

Good morning all. I’m new to your forums and also a newish hunter. I live in Houston but Work offshore. So I have little time to spent on tracking. Is there anyone here to help me out or point me to the right direction. I have an 11 year daughter that loves to use her bow. Now she wants to bow hunt. I’m more of a rifle guy. I’m really enjoying your posts. Great pictures and keep up the great job guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Junogwat View Post
              Good morning all. I’m new to your forums and also a newish hunter. I live in Houston but Work offshore. So I have little time to spent on tracking. Is there anyone here to help me out or point me to the right direction. I have an 11 year daughter that loves to use her bow. Now she wants to bow hunt. I’m more of a rifle guy. I’m really enjoying your posts. Great pictures and keep up the great job guys.
              Welcome! I'm not sure what your asking and I'm not an experienced hunter but if you have any question on bowhunting pigs just ask Skinny or Fishndude on here.They know everything about hogs.[emoji3]
              And when you hunt hogs bow or rifle take us along with a live hunt on this thread.

Comment

Oh ok. Live hunt? Is that when I do go to a hunt, post a step by step while I hunt?
                And yes. I was trying to ask for help on hog hunting. Any good places or somewhere I can go pay for a sure hunt? I understand it’s all about tracking. But I don’t know much. Maybe someone can point me to the right place?
                Last edited by Junogwat; 03-12-2018, 10:45 AM. Reason: Explaining what I meant.

Comment

Oh ok. Live hunt? Is that when I do go to a hunt, post a step by step while I hunt?
                  And yes. I was trying to ask for help on hog hunting. Any good places or somewhere I can go pay for a sure hunt? I understand it’s all about tracking. But I don’t know much. Maybe someone can point me to the right place?
                  Yes live hunts are exactly that.

I hunt my grandparents land and public land in NE Tx and have never gone with an outfitter or guide if thats what you're looking for so I cant help you with that.

Comment

Check Boars Nest Hunts, theyre near houston

Comment

Check out some of the sites sponsors like Diamond C or Big Oak hunting adventures. I'm sure they could help you

Comment

Oh ok. Thanks guys! The luck I have had with hunts were pretty bad. Craigslist was the best I could do at that time. I guess I’m in the right place now.

Comment

Oh ok. Thanks guys! The luck I have had with hunts were pretty bad. Craigslist was the best I could do at that time. I guess I’m in the right place now.
                          Not sure if you're near the "country", but I've had luck just locating property that has been destroyed by hogs. Sometimes you can just ride down the road and see someone's hay field or yard that the hogs have rooted up. Contact the land owner and make arrangements to hunt. Sometimes you can offer to help manage livestock or keep an eye on their property in exchange for hunting rights.

Comment

Really? I thought farmers or land owners hated people like that? I’m from the city, so I don’t know anyone. And when I do hear someone say anything about hunts. It’s like a giant secret. Lol. But it’s fine, I’ll take your advice and start looking around like you guys said.

Comment

Really? I thought farmers or land owners hated people like that? I’m from the city, so I don’t know anyone. And when I do hear someone say anything about hunts. It’s like a giant secret. Lol. But it’s fine, I’ll take your advice and start looking around like you guys said.
                              I had a lady with 50 acres that was an insurance adjuster. She was always travelling and needed someone to keep an eye on the place and let different people in from time to time. I had full hunting rights year round. Also had another guy with a hay field that the guy who cut hay for him said he would stop cutting hay if something wasn't done about the hogs, because the condition of the field was tearing up his equipment. Owner lived almost a hundred miles away and gave me permission to hunt and trap hogs. Opportunities are out there, just don't burn your bridges.

Comment

Yea. Roger that. I’m a pretty laid back person. It’s just that I work offshore and I do lots of family things and hunting is very limited time for me. And yes I ask lots of questions and try to get out as much as I can. And thanks for helping and answering my questions guys. Lots of info here..

Comment

Working...
                                X