No announcement yet.

Hostiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched it last nite, I enjoyed it. Tough times for everyone back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
      We liked it. To me, it didn't just come across as a white guilt, apologist Western regarding Indian genocide. There were one or two scenes where the soldiers say "we are sorry this happened,” but the take away, imo, is the line between good and evil is not always clear. Whites killed indians, indians killed whites, indians killed other indians and whites killed other whites. Nobody is completely innocent...we are all hostiles.

Great analogy.... Oh and "we" also exterminated the buffalo...

Comment

Great analogy.... Oh and "we" also exterminated the buffaloes.
        Indians also took part the buffalo market hunt.
        Dan Flores, who is quoted in this article, has been featured on the “Meateater” podcast a time or two.
        Also note his thoughts on the changing climate, foreign bovine diseases, and competing livestock and wild horses that also aided in the buffalo decline
        Last edited by backwoods; 05-06-2018, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Political or not, it wasn’t good.

Comment

Hostiles

Originally posted by ezypikns View Post
            What you tend to forget is what an absolutely murderous place the west was.

Also, don't know if anybody here mentioned it, but this was supposed to have taken place in 1892.

I don't think the Comanches were still raiding at that time.

Yeah, there weren’t any hostile, marauding bands of Comanches left on the plains, or anywhere else in 1892. The Indian wars were over by that time. Think I fell asleep about 30 minutes before the movie was over.

Comment

Whether it was in 1841 or 1892 it was a sub par movie regardless lol

Comment

Those who can appreciate and understand the pain of war, will connect with this movie. All men are bound by the creator, though many don't ever notice the connection. Great movie. I could watch it again and again and feel my heart ache, for the struggle of mankind is real.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X