• Show
Clear All

Great buck

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Great mulie, congrats!!!

Comment

The story is a little long but I will shorten it up. I was hunting in the Pinon region of New Mexico. The weather when we arrived was 30 and frozen fog. Hunted 4 days and saw 3 deer. The weather heated up and I saw 3 bucks and some does at a water trough from the top of a ridge. The next morning I walked in a mile or more. It was cold and I had Sweated a bit. When I got to the water tank that I had hunt the previous mornings I just through my coat over my back and huddled up in my chair. I did not have a blind just a chair in a drainage with a couple bushes on each side. I stared hearing noise to my right, which was common with all the birds. Then I saw a deer and another, 3,4,5 does. One starred at me but turned away. As more does came in I grabbed my bow and got ready. I saw an older doe acting like a Buck was pushing her and then I saw his antlers coming. I drew and he and one of the ten or so does looked at me. I settled the pin and shot. He only went about 40 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice buck, congrats

Comment

Great old buck!

When no one else will stand, stand alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                Pretty sure all NM LO deer tags are ranch specific. Most are even technically OTC but ranch specific
                They are close to being OTC besides having to purchase straight from the landowner and the landowner can charge whatever they would like. There is no set price on them. Some can get pretty pricey. They are ranch specific.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats

Comment

nice congrats

Comment

Originally posted by horns07 View Post
                      They are close to being OTC besides having to purchase straight from the landowner and the landowner can charge whatever they would like. There is no set price on them. Some can get pretty pricey. They are ranch specific.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                      What time thought, drew this year in first choice unit and bought LO two years ago.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Awesome buck! congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
                            The story is a little long but I will shorten it up. I was hunting in the Pinon region of New Mexico. The weather when we arrived was 30 and frozen fog. Hunted 4 days and saw 3 deer. The weather heated up and I saw 3 bucks and some does at a water trough from the top of a ridge. The next morning I walked in a mile or more. It was cold and I had Sweated a bit. When I got to the water tank that I had hunt the previous mornings I just through my coat over my back and huddled up in my chair. I did not have a blind just a chair in a drainage with a couple bushes on each side. I stared hearing noise to my right, which was common with all the birds. Then I saw a deer and another, 3,4,5 does. One starred at me but turned away. As more does came in I grabbed my bow and got ready. I saw an older doe acting like a Buck was pushing her and then I saw his antlers coming. I drew and he and one of the ten or so does looked at me. I settled the pin and shot. He only went about 40 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Beautiful buck and beautiful country! How bad was the pack out?

Does anyone have any idea what causes the wavy antlers? I got one in that unit last year that exhibited the exact some characteristics, I just assumed it was due to age.

Comment

Lots of character! Cool buck!

Comment

Originally posted by TWarren View Post
                                Beautiful buck and beautiful country! How bad was the pack out?

Does anyone have any idea what causes the wavy antlers? I got one in that unit last year that exhibited the exact some characteristics, I just assumed it was due to age.
                                Pretty sure it's just by the deer forming the antlers with their hooves.

That's what I heard on TBH one time anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X